Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not giving up! Filed a Dispute with Chase EO this time

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Not giving up! Filed a Dispute with Chase EO this time

So as some of you may know i apped for a Chase Freedom awhile back when i went alittle crazy and i was denied even on a recon, and they pulled Transunion for the app and recon yet I also saw they pulled Experian, and I called up their Lending Services (recon lines) and asked them about it and to remove it from my Experian report and they told me to take it up with Experian and I called a second time and got the same BS, So i sent a dispute letter to Experian.

Today I got my results and it basically came back verified. It didn't say it was but the papers that came went on about the inquaries and about the Fair credit reporting act and that its federal law to have those inquaries and crap like that, and it gives a copy of my report and it has the Chase inquary there as if it was never touched.

So i called up Chase Executive Office. Their automated system is sneaky cuz its like "Thankyou for calling Card Services Executive Office" instead of saying Chase. Strange thing too is it said their office is closed but it said to speak to someone imediately press 1 so i did and a very nice guy came on the line.

I went on about how he could help me and I appologized for bothering them. He said No appologies necessary. He took down some info from me, like my name and social, address and i gave him the reference number listed on the report Experian sent me. He said they will investigate it and let me know in writing by mail when they finish the investigation. I thanked him and i again said I was sorry for bothering them as I should not have had to call the Executive Office when Lending Services or a regular CSR should have been able to do it, and he again said it's alright and we nicely ended the call.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Not giving up! Filed a Dispute with Chase EO this time

Im dealing with a simat situation with Citi.
They hard pulled me THREE times, which was unauthorized.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 19
boomhower
Valued Contributor

If I am understanding correctly they pulled TU and EQ on your app?  If so, they have that right.  Or they pulled TU and then EQ on recon?  That's a little more borderline but chances of getting it deleted are not good.

That said, I've had a really really good experience with Chase EO so you have some success. 

Message 3 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

If I am understanding correctly they pulled TU and EQ on your app?  If so, they have that right.  Or they pulled TU and then EQ on recon?  That's a little more borderline but chances of getting it deleted are not good.

That said, I've had a really really good experience with Chase EO so you have some success. 

I agree, they can pull what they want up to all three.

Hope you have success tho!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 19
linux007969
Established Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

For the app they pulled Transunion

for the first and second recon they used the same Transunion pull from the app.

They pulled Experian for no reason so its unauthorized.

Message 5 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

They might not have been satisfied with the TU file so they wanted to check another. It's not uncommon for that to happen. They considered your TU file borderline and tried to approve looking at a different bureau.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 19
linux007969
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

They might not have been satisfied with the TU file so they wanted to check another. It's not uncommon for that to happen. They considered your TU file borderline and tried to approve looking at a different bureau.

well the fact is Lending Services denied pulling Experian, so if they thought i was borderline and pulled Experian they should just tell me instead of lie to me like that. So they need to be held accountable and fix it.

Message 7 of 19
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Im dealing with a simat situation with Citi.
They hard pulled me THREE times, which was unauthorized.

Isn't Citi the one notorious for pulling all three when you app? Especially borderline approvals? I doubt they delete them.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 8 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

well the fact is Lending Services denied pulling Experian, so if they thought i was borderline and pulled Experian they should just tell me instead of lie to me like that. So they need to be held accountable and fix it.

I understand where your coming from. Hopefully they remove it, but you do have to understand in the future that CSR's all around no matter who the creditor is are not always informed and accurate. Chase is within their rights to pull those reports.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 19
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Chase frequently does this and it has happened to me multiple times. Asking for an application to be reconsidered does give them the right to pull another credit report from any bureau they choose. Most companies will use the one they have on file, but Chase usually does not. I asked for a credit limit increase to be reconsidered one hour after denial and he pulled a different bureau. I doubt they will remove it and don't think you have any reason to have it removed.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.