Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not prequalifying for anything

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not prequalifying for anything

All of my scores are over 800 and I don’t pre-qual for anything. Cold app’d AMEX Plat and Gold and was instantly approved. No pre-qual from Chase and I was instantly approved for Sapphire Reserve with over 35k limit. Same with Chase Freedom with over 20k limit.

I’m not looking for any other cards right now but it does feel weird that I don’t get offers.
Message 11 of 24
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP...
You're not going to "pre-qualify" for any cards from Amex for starters...
1) you burned them, and haven't paid them back. 2) you are barely 2 yrs post BK DC, and their MINIMUM for cards post BK is 5 yrs and 1 mo post file, IF you didn't burn them.

Same with USB. 5yrs and 1 mo post file date.

Your low scores, and 2 yrs barely post BK DC is going to be tough to get much of anything right now. My advice is to obtain one or two secured cards (Cap one, Discover, Citibank), and work on improving your scores, not applying to the big name banks that aren't BK friendly, especially only 2 yrs post.

Citibank will let you apply for a secured card 2 yrs post DC, and their secured cc will graduate at the soonest of 18mo.

What cards do you currently have, and what are the balances and limits? Your scores are pretty low for 2 yrs post. You should be at a minimum of 650+ depending on your rebuild, etc...

Also, do you still have IIB accounts reporting?

I would suggest doing a lot of research here on the forums on lenders that are and aren't BK friendly before appying.

Message 12 of 24
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Thank you for the replies:

Here are my current cards and limits

• Discover IT card (unsecured): $1480 out of $2200 (opened 9-2017)
  • UW Credit Union Visa (unsecured): $774 out of $1500 (opened 5-2017)
  • DCU Credit Union Visa (unsecured): 0 out of $3000 (opened 2-2019)
  • Menards Cap1 (store card): $33 out of $500 (opened 11-2017)
  • Overstock.com Comenity (store card): $330 out of $1130 (opened 11-17)
  • Williams Sonoma Comenity (store card): $0 out of $1500 (opened 12-18)
  • Century21 Comenity (store card): $0 out of $400 (opened 2-18)
  • Victoria's Secret Comenity (store card): $0 out of $350 (opened 11-17)
  • Bryln Home Comenity (store card): $0 out of $250 (opened 8-18)
  • Care Credit Synchrony (store card): $0 out of $4,500 (opened 1-19)
  • Amazon Synchrony (store card): $0 out of $200 (opened 11-17)
  • New York and Co. Comenity (store card): $0 out of $250 (opened 8-18)
  • King Size Comenity (store card): $0 out of $250 (opened 8-18)
  • Old Navy Synchrony (store card): $0 out of $200 (opened 12-17)
  • Venus Comenity (store card): $0 out of $250 (opened 1-19)
  • J Crew Comenity (store card): $0 out of $250 (opened 11-17)

Other loans:

• US Dept of Education (student loan): $58,076 (opened 2-11, currently in deferment due to me being a half-time student)
  • Navient (student loan): $16,844 (opened 8-07, currently in deferment due to me being a half-time student)
  • First Citizens (Credit Builder loan): $502 out of $1,000 (opened 9-17, planning to pay off this year, it is a 5-year term)
  • Capital One Auto (used car loan): $12461 for 52 more months (opened 12-17, trying to refinance, $322 per month at 13.7% APR!)

Income:

• About $1100 every 2 weeks, full time work

Expenses:

• Rent $765
  • Car $322
  • Insurance $75
  • Cell phone $100

Thanks!

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d sit on those store cards for a few more months. Use them responsibly and PIF when you can. You’ll start seeing good things happen!

Have you requested a CLI on any of your Comenity accts?

Good luck!
Message 14 of 24
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Update on credit score:

According to a very recent document I got from DCU (who just approved me for a $3,000 platinum basic VISA):

My Equifax score was 658 at the end of January when the application was approved.

They sent me this info right after they sent me the card. 

Message 15 of 24
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

I did request CLI from the Victoria's Secret card and the Old Navy card, both declined. 

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Op, congratulations on your new card!

Have you tried to get a CLI on your Overstock acct? Seems like that is the “hot” one from Comenity right now.

The new card will help with your utilization. I would pay down or PIF (if you’re able) your DiscoIT and the the Visa. I would also let those acct that turned a year old age some more. Raising your CL will help with utilization and will raise your scores as well. Throw your hat in the ring for some “Luv” via the button. Be careful because some may require a HP.

Did you get your Experian and Transunion Fico scores as well?
Message 17 of 24
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

According to the Experian app I have, that provides free Experian report and FICO score, I am at 648 as of today, 2-10-19.

Message 18 of 24
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Did you get your Experian and Transunion Fico scores as well?

I also am seeing my Transunion score provided by Discover Scorecard is 635, dated 1-17-19

Message 19 of 24
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I would do a Secured card for a year or so I know it sucks but you need to reestablish a relationship and help your AAoA's too Smiley Happy    

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.