Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not quite hypothetical future credit card plans

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Not quite hypothetical future credit card plans

@Remedios gotta ask how do you or anyone for that matter find so many places to use mobile waller with AR?  Most places being nicer sit down places to eat dont take mobile payment at least where I live?  Really looking for a reason to possibly get rid of CSR or least downgrade it to coronaclypse as you mentioned, but other than fast food here i really cant think of many places that would take it as my biggest spending or at least use to be is eating out at fairly fine dining or bar or various other kinds of toys that are a waste of money, but i enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Remedios gotta ask how do you or anyone for that matter find so many places to use mobile waller with AR?  Most places being nicer sit down places to eat dont take mobile payment at least where I live?  Really looking for a reason to possibly get rid of CSR or least downgrade it to coronaclypse as you mentioned, but other than fast food here i really cant think of many places that would take it as my biggest spending or at least use to be is eating out at fairly fine dining or bar or various other kinds of toys that are a waste of money, but i enjoy Smiley Happy

With two teens my groceries alone tend to run at around $1200. 

I had to stop paying power bill online, so I go inside the actual PSE office and pay it there. It's around $150 during winter, higher during summer. 

I've shuffled categories on cash+, so cable also requires a trip to Xfinity store. Cable and three phone lines are close to $500. I prepay when I go because I'm too lazy to do it every month.

Then, there is gas and everything else I can pay using Samsung pay.

Their school accepts SP, so with both of them being involved with multiple activities...I dont even want to add that up. Probably about $3500 per kid, per year. I can also pay first $2000.00 in tuition that way with 2% fee for each kid.

Those are not monthly, of course. 

While right now it's not happening, with a teen girl, you're spending weekends at malls. 

Now I want to cry 

Message 12 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Oh jeez.  That 10k/year expected spend in groceries?

All Apple Pay.  AR might be just the thing.

Thanks @Remedios !

ETA: that card pays for itself for me between the travel and Gogo wireless credits.

        
Message 13 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Revelate wrote:

Thanks @Remedios !

ETA: that card pays for itself for me between the travel and Gogo wireless credits.

Yes, it would. That's why I'm gently harassing you about it 🤭

Message 14 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Thanks @Remedios !

Yes, it would. That's why I'm gently harassing you about it 🤭

Honestly sorting this with one additional card makes more sense than trying to build the Amex trifecta for all that there is a better outlet than statement credit there.  I really didn't want to let 10k fall to default if it didn't need to that's just not smart but this solves it elegantly.

Owe ya one!

        
Message 15 of 17
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Thanks @Remedios !

Clarification: Apple Pay is not Samsung Pay. Maybe try a test run with any other cards on Apple Pay to see how widely accepted. Smiley Happy

I do like AR, but mine is on Apple Pay and found to be limited.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 16 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@NRB525 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Thanks @Remedios !

Clarification: Apple Pay is not Samsung Pay. Maybe try a test run with any other cards on Apple Pay to see how widely accepted. Smiley Happy

I do like AR, but mine is on Apple Pay and found to be limited.

10K spend a year, which I am already paying through Apple Pay, is enough to justify the app.  It's basically another $200 in rewards base, and that's if I can't find any other use for it. To be fair on restaurants there is a lot of overlap on the CSR anyway especially for takeout but the CSR use case is still up in the air.  Depends how much I go back on the road once COVID clears.

Admittedly when I was searching for things that support Apple Pay it wasn't that many but there were clearly some.  Sadly the bulk of my default spending (tax payments) doesn't play with either service but that will always be a WIP.

        
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.