Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not so YAY! for AMEX Blue Cash approval

tag
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Re: Not so YAY! for AMEX Blue Cash approval

Wait... You can only get one 3x cli as an amex customer regardless of how many cards you have??
Message 21 of 24
Down_2Bizness
Regular Contributor

Same thing I'm questioning. Didn't realize the 3X CLI was a one-time deal. Heading back to re-read the definitive guide again..

Starting Score: EQ FICO 566 09/30/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 688 3/10/14 TU FICO 680 3/10/14 (Barclaycard) EX FICO 691 1/12/14 (LP)
Goal Score: 700
My Wallet: Capital One $1500 / Wells Fargo $1600 / J Crew $2050 / Victoria's Secret $2300 / Barclay Apple Financing Visa $2500 / Discover It $1700 / Home Depot $1100 / Delta Skymiles AmEx $1000

Message 22 of 24
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

The 3X CLI is always allowed, it's the timing of it that changes.

You're eligible for your first CLI 61 days after the account is opened. If you are denied you have to wait 90 days before requesting another, if you are approved you have to wait 6 months before the next request.

These dates apply across all of your Amex cards. For example if you have a BCE that was opened in Jan 14 and BC that that was opened in Apr 14 you can ask for a 3X CLI on the BCE since it has been opened for more than 61 days. If it is approved you can't ask for another CLI on ANY of your Amex cards for 6 months. So even when the BC hits 61 days you can't ask for a 3X CLI. 

Hope that clears it up somewhat.

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 23 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Which to go for depends on your planned usage levels.  If you can get $6K after your next CLI, that is a sort of useful amount on the BC.  If you are willing to wait on the BC, you can take the CLI on the BCP, and then transfer when available.  The thing to remember is the $6.5K per year requirement on the BC, if you cant easily meet that because of the low CL it may not be worth using until the CL is up.

LTLurker, three points.  

1:  The 6.5K initial spending can be completed in one month's time for me.

2:  I've already maxed out on the BCP's $6000 supermarket limit.

3.  My next eligibility date for CLI is August 2014.

Seems waiting to 3X the BCP is the best strategy but I don't like to max out my CL on the new BC more than twice a month.  

Right, of course you can meet  the spend quickly, it is precisely the multiple use of CL that is the danger.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.