Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not so well-known Credit Cards?

tag
HappySoda
Valued Member

Not so well-known Credit Cards?

I know that everybody goes for the Chase Freedoms, Sapphire, USAA Rewards, DiscoverIT, Amex BCE, BOFA Rewards, US Bank Cash Plus. These are popular cards that everyone has in their wallet.

I was thinking, what are some of the not-so-well-known cards that people have? Maybe we can compile some kind of list? As an example, I don't know a whole lot of people with the Fidelity Investment Rewards Amex. Yes it has been talked about on here from time to time but not as often as say a Chase Sapphire. What are some other cards that don't fit the popular criteria?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
HappySoda
Valued Member

Re: Not so well-known Credit Cards?

I'll start a list of lesser known cards.

1. Fidelity Amex Rewards

2. Cabela's Visa

3. Banana Republic Visa

Message 2 of 24
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Fidelity Amex

Priceline Visa

JCB Marukai 3%

US BANK Flexperks

BoA Travel Reawards

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 3 of 24
HappySoda
Valued Member

That JCB Marukai card is pretty.

I'll add Elvis Presley Platinum Rewards by UMB Financial

Message 4 of 24
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

The Starbucks Gold card!!! Smiley Very Happy

With no annual fee you get:

- A free drink on your birthday

- A free drink/baked good after collecting 12 stars

- Unlimifed free refills with brewed coffee/tea/iced coffee/iced tea

- A personalized gold card with your name on it and the date since you've reached gold status.

- Occasional free drink/food item vouchers emailed directly to you

- 1 star per purchase (with bonus stars on targeted items emailed ONLY to gold card members).

^this is semi-joking/semi serious. I go to Starbucks A LOT and I've made it worth while Smiley Happy

As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 5 of 24
p-
Valued Contributor

@HappySoda wrote:

I know that everybody goes for the Chase Freedoms, Sapphire, USAA Rewards, DiscoverIT, Amex BCE, BOFA Rewards, US Bank Cash Plus. These are popular cards that everyone has in their wallet.

I was thinking, what are some of the not-so-well-known cards that people have? Maybe we can compile some kind of list? As an example, I don't know a whole lot of people with the Fidelity Investment Rewards Amex. Yes it has been talked about on here from time to time but not as often as say a Chase Sapphire. What are some other cards that don't fit the popular criteria?

1. American Express Unicorn. (No limit, can't app for it)

2. Penfed Visa

3. Cap1 World Mastercard

4. Hooters Mastercard

5. Barclays Black

6. Chase Ritz-Carlton

7. Discover Premium Plus

8. Citi Prestige

9. Centurion

10. Palladium

Message 6 of 24
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

TD Bank Easy Rewards/Cash Rewards/Payment Plus CC. I have the Easy Rewards in my siggy!

Message 7 of 24
zerobacan
Established Contributor

People were talking about the

Merryl Lynch cards

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 8 of 24
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

A lot of the bigger regional banks offer CCs, but generally only to customers with deposit accounts. M&T, PNC and First Niagra come to mind in the Northeast.

Also, Wells Fargo CCs don't get as much coverage on here as those offered by the other "Big Four" national banks. I have a cash rewards Visa with them, and it's fine, but I'll admit, the lack of bonus categories makes it less appealing from a rewards standpoint than a lot of other cash back cards.
Message 9 of 24
longtermgardener
New Contributor

I would say First Premier Platinum unless you are desparate for credit. Here is why?

1. High Annual fee of over $170

2. Monthly service fee of $10

3. When you pay bill using their site, they charge $7.

Wallet : AMEX Costco TE 23k, BoFA 123 Visa Signature $12.5k, Marriott rewards $5k, Discover IT $1.7k, Walmart Discover $5.5k, Cap 1 Platinum $1500, Amazon $2000

Scores: EQ 712(9/28/13), EX 728 (9/28/13), TU 717 (Credit Karma 10/26/13), TU 753 Walmart (9/03/13)
Last app : 9/28/2013
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.