Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not so well-known Credit Cards?

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Not so well-known Credit Cards?

@LionLaw wrote:
A lot of the bigger regional banks offer CCs, but generally only to customers with deposit accounts. M&T, PNC and First Niagra come to mind in the Northeast.

Also, Wells Fargo CCs don't get as much coverage on here as those offered by the other "Big Four" national banks. I have a cash rewards Visa with them, and it's fine, but I'll admit, the lack of bonus categories makes it less appealing from a rewards standpoint than a lot of other cash back cards.

They have been running a promotion for about a year.   3% rewards (points or cash), 0% on purchases for 6 months.   So I applied on Monday.   Instant Approval $8000 CL.   My biggest success of rebuilding.

Message 11 of 24
Neat
Valued Member

Mercedes Benz Platinum AmEx

https://www.mbfs.com/mbfsr/en/misc/creditCard.do

Amex Green, Signal FCU Platinum Visa, Navy FCU Cash Rewards Visa Sig., Citi Forward Visa, Barclaycard Apple Financing Visa
Message 12 of 24
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

As someone mentioned before, Wells Fargo CCs.  SOme of my friends have the student version because they banked with them, but I rarely see people on this forum talking about it.  I also don't wipe Wells Fargo CCs very much at work; mostly WF debit cards. 

Also, the JetBlue AMEX card.  I don't live in NYC or Long Beach, CA where there's a JetBlue hub, but JetBlue does fly to our airport.  I don't think I've ever seen a JetBlue AMEX in person.  They're probably a lot more popular in NYC, but I heard the card isn't that good anyways.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 13 of 24
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@HappySoda wrote:

I know that everybody goes for the Chase Freedoms, Sapphire, USAA Rewards, DiscoverIT, Amex BCE, BOFA Rewards, US Bank Cash Plus. These are popular cards that everyone has in their wallet.

I was thinking, what are some of the not-so-well-known cards that people have? Maybe we can compile some kind of list? As an example, I don't know a whole lot of people with the Fidelity Investment Rewards Amex. Yes it has been talked about on here from time to time but not as often as say a Chase Sapphire. What are some other cards that don't fit the popular criteria?

Merrill Lynch Total Merrill Visa
Merrill Lynch Platinum Plus Signature Visa

Merrill Lynch Accolades

Some regional banks can provide some good cards:

IberiaBank Select Visa/Gold/Platinum

1st Command Bank Platinum Visa

Some might also include the JP Morgan Select Visa in this category, a "poor man's" Palladium!

Message 14 of 24
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I just got approved for a BBVA Compass ClearPoints credit card. I don't hear too much mention of them on here.

Also, I rarely hear of SunTrust credit cards. First National Bank of Omaha is another that's not mentioned a whole lot. 

Photobucket
Message 15 of 24
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@GaTech wrote:

The Starbucks Gold card!!! Smiley Very Happy

With no annual fee you get:

- A free drink on your birthday

- A free drink/baked good after collecting 12 stars

- Unlimifed free refills with brewed coffee/tea/iced coffee/iced tea

- A personalized gold card with your name on it and the date since you've reached gold status.

- Occasional free drink/food item vouchers emailed directly to you

- 1 star per purchase (with bonus stars on targeted items emailed ONLY to gold card members).

^this is semi-joking/semi serious. I go to Starbucks A LOT and I've made it worth while Smiley Happy

i actually made a post about this on the smorgas board. 

funny thing is this summer i must have spent at least 1.5k at starbucks (it was litterally in the same building as me) and they never told me about the card. 

i found one at my house back in novemebr. and i activated it for the heck of it. 

i got too gold in 35 days. 

and i already hit gold for this year as well. 

i will be telling them at the other store, you suck lol. 

the refills only apply if you dont leave the store. 

(my job was in the same store and i work 10 hour days, you can imagine how many coffees/teas i drank there daily) 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 16 of 24
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

too actually contribute to the op post

td bank ccs- some people have them on here but they rarely get talked about

what area are you in? since alot of cards are regional like stated besdies the "big banks"

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 17 of 24
BearOSO
Contributor

@Neat wrote:

Mercedes Benz Platinum AmEx

https://www.mbfs.com/mbfsr/en/misc/creditCard.do

WOW, today I learned something new. 

Message 18 of 24
android01
Valued Contributor

Ameriprise Mastercards.

Capital One GM Mastercards.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 19 of 24
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

@p- wrote:

@HappySoda wrote:

I know that everybody goes for the Chase Freedoms, Sapphire, USAA Rewards, DiscoverIT, Amex BCE, BOFA Rewards, US Bank Cash Plus. These are popular cards that everyone has in their wallet.

I was thinking, what are some of the not-so-well-known cards that people have? Maybe we can compile some kind of list? As an example, I don't know a whole lot of people with the Fidelity Investment Rewards Amex. Yes it has been talked about on here from time to time but not as often as say a Chase Sapphire. What are some other cards that don't fit the popular criteria?

1. American Express Unicorn. (No limit, can't app for it)

2. Penfed Visa

3. Cap1 World Mastercard

4. Hooters Mastercard

5. Barclays Black

6. Chase Ritz-Carlton

7. Discover Premium Plus

8. Citi Prestige

9. Centurion

10. Palladium

LoL@Unicorn reference...that was a funny thread.

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.