Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure if its worth waiting

tag
dmmartinez
Established Member

Not sure if its worth waiting

Hey guys-

I have finally negotiated with my last CA and they agreed to PFD! It still hasnt shown as updated however on my Credit Report.

I am ready to apply for a credit card with EQ: 633 and EX: 676 however, and am not sure if I should just wait to see if the PFD bumps up my credit score beforehand?

The debt was from '08 so not sure if the deletion of the account will make that much of a difference in my Credit Score.

I was given the PFD earlier in the month and waiting for the update has been killing me! i paid in early February and the CA said they requested deletion in the beginning of March.

Is it worth it to wait a few more weeks to see if my score increases? What card do you recommend?

Thank you!

Amex Blue Cash 3k - Chase CSP 10k - Chase Freedom 3k - Capital One Quicksilver 5k- Chase Slate 5k TU 630 EQ 660 ES 667
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Not sure if its worth waiting

@dmmartinez wrote:

Hey guys-

I have finally negotiated with my last CA and they agreed to PFD! It still hasnt shown as updated however on my Credit Report.

I am ready to apply for a credit card with EQ: 633 and EX: 676 however, and am not sure if I should just wait to see if the PFD bumps up my credit score beforehand?

The debt was from '08 so not sure if the deletion of the account will make that much of a difference in my Credit Score.

I was given the PFD earlier in the month and waiting for the update has been killing me! i paid in early February and the CA said they requested deletion in the beginning of March.

Is it worth it to wait a few more weeks to see if my score increases? What card do you recommend?

Thank you!

yes wait!

if you have the letter you could send in the request to delete yourself.

Message 2 of 31
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@dmmartinez wrote:

Hey guys-

Thank you!

The removal of the CA will raise your score Smiley Happy A friend of mine had a PFD and disputedit with the CB's and got it removed from her credit report. Yes Wait until it's off your reports.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 31
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Your score is very borderline, if not lower for most approvals from prime lenders. I think your score will go up, particularly since it is an unpaid collection. Do you have the PFD letter. ONLY if you have the PDF letter; since it is technically reporting inaccurately, you can dispute with with the credit bureaus and it perhaps may update quicker. This was my experience with Cap 1, but they were the OC. 

Message 4 of 31
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Wait because it'll make a difference. Is there a rush to app now?

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 31
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

You ABSOLUTELY should wait. My last CA was from six years ago when PFD'd, and my score still went up over 60 points. Call the CA and ask them to send an e-oscar deletion since it hasn't come off yet. Whatever route for removal you take, waiting is the best course of action.

Message 6 of 31
dmmartinez
Established Member

I do have the PFD letter. I can submit for dispute but didnt know if I should wait to see what happens in the next 2 weeks or so, since the CA said they remitted the letter to delete on March 3rd.

I do unfortunately have a bit of urgency for the card (unexpected auto problems) but havent applied for any new credit in 2 years so i didnt know if it was worth a shot to apply now.

Amex Blue Cash 3k - Chase CSP 10k - Chase Freedom 3k - Capital One Quicksilver 5k- Chase Slate 5k TU 630 EQ 660 ES 667
Message 7 of 31
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@dmmartinez wrote:

I do have the PFD letter. I can submit for dispute but didnt know if I should wait to see what happens in the next 2 weeks or so, since the CA said they remitted the letter to delete on March 3rd.

I do unfortunately have a bit of urgency for the card (unexpected auto problems) but havent applied for any new credit in 2 years so i didnt know if it was worth a shot to apply now.

If at all possible, wait. Your odds shuold improve a lot. I would put all effort into getting the CA or the CRA to remove ASAP. Contact both if you need to.

Message 8 of 31
dmmartinez
Established Member

Thanks guys!

As luck would have it, all of my PFD's updated Smiley Happy

Here are my new scores as of today:

Experian: 688 Equifax: 684 Transunion: 697

What credit card would you guys recommend to get highest CL and good rewards?

Message 9 of 31
dmmartinez
Established Member

PFD's Finally Updated!

Thanks guys!

As luck would have it, my 3 PFD's updated Smiley Happy

Here are my new scores as of today:

Experian: 688 Equifax: 684 Transunion: 697

What credit card would you guys recommend?

I havent applied for credit in over 2 years. I'm not sure if I should go on a 'spree' to get more than one, or if I should just try for one and only take the 1 Hard Pull.

Advice?

I have no other credit cards except I am an authorized user on an Amex with 18k limit (but I dont use that card)

I would like this new card to be the one I use for daily expenses.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.