Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not very smart!

tag
Rein
Regular Contributor

Not very smart!

I just got approved for nfcu visa cc for $6000!  So excited and was not thinking, apply again for a MasterCard. But this time instead of getting instant approval I got a message saying decision will be made in 3-5 days! I'm so bum that I made an irrational impulsive thing. And now there's 2 dings! I just pray NFCU  don't take back the first approval for the visa card. They can't right?  Hehe... And maybe will get approve for the MasterCard. Promise myself I will definitely start gardening! Thank you everyone! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Not very smart!

wouldn't worry about it at all... you will probably get both.

Message 2 of 8
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Rein wrote:

I just got approved for nfcu visa cc for $6000!  So excited and was not thinking, apply again for a MasterCard. But this time instead of getting instant approval I got a message saying decision will be made in 3-5 days! I'm so bum that I made an irrational impulsive thing. And now there's 2 dings! I just pray NFCU  don't take back the first approval for the visa card. They can't right?  Hehe... And maybe will get approve for the MasterCard. Promise myself I will definitely start gardening! Thank you everyone! 

Just call and find out and dont speculate, but sometimes credit unions only extend the max credit possible for new memebers. I dont think they will renig your first CC. 

Like myself I pushed my lucked with PenFed. But as always YMMV so this might not be the case for you and they will approve you. 

Good luck and keep us posted!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 8
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Two cards from the same company, one right after another...? I would hope they would give you a 3-5 message just for safety.

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 4 of 8
madmann26
Valued Contributor

NFCU  may use the same pull for both applications. You can always call them and request that they do.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 5 of 8
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Probably no big deal.  If they do question you about it, just say you wanted coverage over both Visa and Mastercard's payment networks.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
dodgeball
Established Contributor

So whats the verdict you get the second card?

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 7 of 8
Rein
Regular Contributor

I did not get approve for the MasterCard. But at least I got the visa and start gardening! 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.