cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notable Wells Fargo Rewards offer - 10x bonus points on single air travel and/or restaurant purchase

tag
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

Notable Wells Fargo Rewards offer - 10x bonus points on single air travel and/or restaurant purchase

I'm unsure if anyone else who is a Wells Fargo credit card holder received the following offer, but yesterday (Thursday 10/7) I received an email from email from Wells Fargo for a very good Wells Fargo Rewards deal on my Wells Fargo Propel American Express card.  The exact language is "Earn 10 bonus points/$1 on your first air travel purchase and (their emphasis) your first restaurant purchase, now through 10/31/21."  Purchases can be made online or in-store, and a maximum of 5000 Wells Fargo Rewards points (i.e. up to $50) can be earned.  The verbiage is a little confusing because of the "and" statement (and the fact it is bolded), but after talking with a Wells Fargo representative, it sounds like you earn the points on either an air travel purchase or an restaurant purchase (i.e. don't need to make purchases in both categories for the offer to take effect) but you can earn 10x points on two separate purchases (one air travel purchase, one restaurant purchase) and earn 10x points on up to $500 in combined spend.

I'll note that I received an email notification about the offer, and didn't merely see it in my Wells Fargo Rewards deals, but it is possible some of you that are also Wells Fargo credit card holders received a similar offer.  I just wanted to share a data point and give everyone a heads up.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.