cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nov/Dec 2021 American Express Shop Small $10 credits ($10+ in spend)

tag
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nov/Dec 2021 American Express Shop Small $10 credits ($10+ in spend)

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Thanks for the post!  I just activated the offer on my Macy's Amex. 

I noticed the language on the offer says "directly at" the Shop Small business.   Has anyone been able to use the Shop Small offers for online orders directly from a business?

I would think as long as a payment is made directly to the participating business and not through a third party application, the offer should work.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 21 of 29
CreditBloke
Valued Member

This is exciting! I was not expecting this! I always get groceries with this credit at a locally owned grocery store. I never shop there otherwise. I do five separate transactions on the same day and never had a problem! I also have the Hilton Honors, and I just got the Platinum Card (it actually arrived today), so I hope I get a second card offering it. Do you know if you can use it for multiple non-third-party cards? Like will I get the offer for both my Hilton and my Platinum, or will it be one or the other? Still, even having $50 in free groceries is a hella sweet promo! 

Current Cards:

Student Loan Accounts:

Scores as of 7/01/2021:

Inquires as of 7/01/2021:

Average Age of Credit History as of 1/30/2021

* Gardening since 07/01/21. Garden Goal Date is 07/01/23

Message 22 of 29
CreditBloke
Valued Member

Huh maybe I should get a Macy's Amex just for the Shop Small Credits?

Current Cards:

Student Loan Accounts:

Scores as of 7/01/2021:

Inquires as of 7/01/2021:

Average Age of Credit History as of 1/30/2021

* Gardening since 07/01/21. Garden Goal Date is 07/01/23

Message 23 of 29
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

@CreditBloke wrote:

This is exciting! I was not expecting this! I always get groceries with this credit at a locally owned grocery store. I never shop there otherwise. I do five separate transactions on the same day and never had a problem! I also have the Hilton Honors, and I just got the Platinum Card (it actually arrived today), so I hope I get a second card offering it. Do you know if you can use it for multiple non-third-party cards? Like will I get the offer for both my Hilton and my Platinum, or will it be one or the other? Still, even having $50 in free groceries is a hella sweet promo! 

Based on what I've seen and other people have seen, it appears first party American Express issued cards, like the Hilton Honors cards, may NOT receive the November/December 2021 Shop Small offers.  By contrast, third party American Express network cards, like the Wells Fargo Propel, DO appear to be receiving the Shop Small offers I mentioned in the first post of this thread.

It is still possible the Amex issued cards will receive the Shop Small offers, but considering they did not receive them this past summer and (at least in my case with my Amex Hilton Honors card) have not yet received the current offers, don't be surprised if Amex's first party issued cards do not receive the Shop Small offers this time around either.

Regarding getting/using offers on multiple Amex cards, others can probably better answer than I can, but my understanding is that such offers are usually only good on one Amex issued (i.e. first party) card.  However, if you receive offers on both a 1st party Amex issued card and a 3rd party Amex network card or (and I'm less sure about this) receive offers on multiple 3rd party Amex network cards, you can use the offers on both/all cards.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 24 of 29
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Nice find @FormerCollegeDJ !

I just checked and it's on my WF Propel! Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 25 of 29
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

Offer not available on my Green or Bonvoy.

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 26 of 29
ccquest
Established Contributor

Just noticed it on my Propel as well, time to go out for lunch at work again Smiley Happy Nice cheese steak and taco places around and this basically covers those lunch costs.

Didn't notice the offer on my Blue Cash Everyday or Blue Business Cash.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 27 of 29
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Looks like AMEX is finally getting around to having this offer on their core cards but seems to be YMMV at present time. Checking all her cards and mine I didn't see any offers for Shop Small; I'll check again in a few days. Seems to be there are a few versions of this as well so something for everyone to check if you get lucky

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv-amex-offers-shop-small-spend-15-get-5-back-offer-can-be-done-twi...

Message 28 of 29
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Thanks for the post!  I just activated the offer on my Macy's Amex. 

I noticed the language on the offer says "directly at" the Shop Small business.   Has anyone been able to use the Shop Small offers for online orders directly from a business?

I was able to trigger it with Fluz the last time on my Propel, but but back in August Fluz did not trigger the Small Business multiplier on my Platinum so you might want to test it out rather than trying to get all the credits at once.  Edit:  see below. Smiley Sad

Egifter also used to work, but I've not tried that one in a while.

Edit:  Looks like Fluz is hit-or-miss since how their charges post can be a bit random:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/fluz-app-buy-exact-value-gift-cards-at-a-discount/.  Egifter might be worth a try if you can find a small GC to test it with.

Following up on Fluz... it looks like my Fluz Papa John's GC did trigger the credit on my Propel.

At first I didn't think it had worked, since I only got the $10 credit after using the card at a local brick-and-mortar small business, but just this morning I got another notification from WF of an eligible transaction, so it appears there was just an initial delay for the credits.  I've now used the Propel for a Fluz transaction and two B&M transactions and I have three credits, so there's no doubt.

Fluz changes how transactions post seemingly at random, though, so I would recommend taking it one at a time rather than all at once if someone wants to give it a try.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.