Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nov/Dec 2021 gas station deals (Amex, Chase, WF, etc.) compilation

tag
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

Nov/Dec 2021 gas station deals (Amex, Chase, WF, etc.) compilation

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've received a lot of gas station-related deals on my credit cards recently.  Some of those deals have been discussed in individual threads that I've posted or other forum members have created, but I don't think there is a "one stop shop" thread discussing these deals.  I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread that identifies all of these deals in one place.

The deals I've received have been on my American Express, Chase, and Wells Fargo cards.  Post any gas station deals that are valid through the end of 2021 that you have received and aren't shown below.

*Save $3 if spend at least $35 on gas station purchase, up to 5 purchases (American Express, valid through 12/31/21): this deal became active in early October, so many of you are already aware of it and have used it, but if you have a mid-sized car or larger and/or live in a state/area with high gas prices, this could be a good deal for you.  In my particular case I've received the deal on my Amex Hilton Honors card.  To my knowledge this deal is available on many, though possibly not all, Amex issued credit cards.

*BP - get 5% off pay at the pump, up to $3 savings, one time use (Chase, Wells Fargo, valid through 11/30/21): this deal became active in I think early November, but was overshadowed by a recently expired Marathon Oil, 10% off deal (see more info below).  However, this is still a good deal if you have BP stations in your area; using an example it is equivalent to getting 15 cents/gallon off the price of gas if gas costs $3.00/gallon.  In my particular case I've received the deal on one of my three Chase cards (Chase Amazon) and also my Wells Fargo Propel.  It appears to be available on many, though not all, Chase and/or Wells Fargo cards.

*Marathon - 10% or 5% off pay at the pump, up to $5.50 or $3 savings, one time use (Chase, Wells Fargo, valid through 12/22/21): I just received the 5% off deal today (Wednesday 11/24) on my Wells Fargo card.  UPDATE Thursday 11/25: I also received the deal on all three of my Chase cards (Chase Amazon, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Freedom Flex), but Chase is offering 10% off in their deals.  The Wells Fargo deal isn't as good as the 10% off pay at the pump deal that was available through 11/21/21 on many Chase and Wells Fargo cards, but is still a good deal if you live in an area with Marathon gas stations.  It appears to be available in either 10% or 5% off variations on various Chase and/or Wells Fargo cards.

*ExxonMobil - 5% off pay at the pump, up to $2.50 savings, one time use (Chase, Wells Fargo, valid through 12/31/21): this deal became available within the last week, and at least in my case is a little more attractive than the BP and Marathon deals because Exxon and Mobil gas stations are a little more common.  In my particular case I've received the deal on two of my three Chase cards (Chase Amazon, Chase Freedom Flex) as well as my Wells Fargo Propel.  It appears to be available on many, though not all, Chase and/or Wells Fargo cards.

*Get 10x Wells Fargo Rewards bonus points on first, single gas purchase, up to 4000 bonus points (up to $400 purchase, $40 rewards) (Wells Fargo, valid through 1/2/22): this deal became active earlier this week, and is part of a broader WF Rewards bonus points offer also involving a single grocery store purchase.  I posted a separate thread about the combined deal - Wells Fargo Rewards offer - 10x bonus points on single grocery + single gas purchase - a couple days ago.  This deal is stackable with the BP,  Marathon, and ExxonMobil deals identified above that are also available on the same Wells Fargo cards (because the WF deals above are being offered through Wells Fargo, not American Express).  People eligible for the deal may have also received an email from Wells Fargo about the deal.  It appears to be available on many, though not all, Wells Fargo cards.

Again, if there are other gas deals you've received or know about on any credit card (i.e. not just American Express, Chase, or Wells Fargo cards) that are valid at some point between now and the end of 2021, please post them in this thread for the MyFICO Forums community's awareness.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Nov/Dec 2021 gas station deals (Amex, Chase, WF, etc.) compilation

I have seen all the Chase/AE offers ..BP, Marathon, Exxon ..etc.

But I especially like the WF Propel offer.

Going down today to fill both tanks on the F250 (and they are empty)

So I should pick up a nice bonusSmiley Happy

(click image to enlarge)(click image to enlarge)

Message 2 of 15
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

I wish folks would take advantage of these becuz no matter what time of day I show up at Costco gas the line are a mile long

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 3 of 15
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

Keep in mind the Wells Fargo

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Keep in mind the Wells Fargo offer shown above is only valid on your FIRST gas purchase, so you won't be able to use it twice.  Still, it is a very good offer if you have a large vehicle with a large gas tank.

Current credit cards:

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 4 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@FormerCollegeDJ wrote:

Keep in mind the Wells Fargo

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Keep in mind the Wells Fargo offer shown above is only valid on your FIRST gas purchase, so you won't be able to use it twice.  Still, it is a very good offer if you have a large vehicle with a large gas tank. or (2) tanks!

Thanks, and yes  .. I read the fine print, always very careful when it comes to offers.

Message 5 of 15
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

This is one of those quarters where Disco-It, Freedom, and Nusenda don't have 5% CB on the gas category.  Bummer.  Smiley Sad  But it's usually only one quarter without 5% between the three cards.  On these quarters, I use my 3% CB AARP card.  Effective rate for the year:  4.5%.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 6 of 15
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

Update: I just checked my credit cards this morning for available reward offers, and the Marathon deal I mentioned in the original post above was available for all three of my Chase cards, offering 10% off pay at the pump purchases through 12/22/21, up to $5.50 savings.  This is the same deal that was available on the Chase cards (and also the Wells Fargo Propel) from mid-October to 11/21/21.  It is definitely a very good deal.  (I took advantage of it on two different cards when it was previously recently available. Smiley Happy)

Current credit cards:

Message 7 of 15
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

YMMV, but I received a 5% gas spend offer for November and December on my wife's Synchrony Car Care card (usually a branded tire store card, Pep Boys card, etc.).

car care.jpg

Message 8 of 15
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

YMMV, but I received a 5% gas spend offer for November and December on my wife's Synchrony Car Care card (usually a branded tire store card, Pep Boys card, etc.).

car care.jpg

Hmmm, I bought my tires with this credit line but I'm not sure I ever got a physical card.  

I like that it's paid as a statement credit, rather than having you have to build up a $25 chunk before redeeming - for a card not used often.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 9 of 15
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

I like that it's paid as a statement credit, rather than having you have to build up a $25 chunk before redeeming - for a card not used often.  

Yes, the statement credit is nice!  Synch seems slow to award these statement credits, and I don't use the Car Care nor Care Credit cards often so the statement credit usually sits there a few months (the charges are paid before the statement credits appear).  But I'll receive a check in the mail after those few months of no activity to zero out the account.  The funny thing is, I usually get some sort of statement credit offer to use these cards, which I only use them once per year typically... and usually due to receive an offer such as this!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.