Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now I Am Having Fun - Citi Recon

tag
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Now I Am Having Fun - Citi Recon

Ok, applied for a CC and was turned down for past delinquencies with Citi. 

They never gave me my EX score which I thought was required.  Score had no bearing in their decision so maybe that is why they didn't give me my score.

So I called the BD number 4 times today for a recon and I have to tell you, these folks bumbling and stumble thru oodles of uhSmiley Surprised, ah Smiley Tongue, ohSmiley Surprised and flat out miss-statements.  They are good gate keepers though.

I used to be embarrassed to call for a recon but they are so ill prepared, it is a matter of me wearing them down.  I will call 4 more times tomorrow. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Now I Am Having Fun - Citi Recon

Sorry to hear you aren't having much luck with the recon. BTW what state are you in? If you don't want to say I understand

Message 2 of 7
Guava
Established Contributor

Good luck to ya!

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
mxp114
Valued Contributor

AFAIK Citi is pretty much systematic decisions, even the supervisors lack override authorithy. They can in very narrow cases, for example you have too many INQ and exceed the guideline by one or two. This is from my own personal experience but I could never achieve a recon. Every rep/sup has basically said the systematic decision is final and there is little room to overturn it.

Message 4 of 7
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

CA and would love to move Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

I called over the weekend for a recon on their Hilton's CC denial and they had a Supervisor call me back today since the recon department is closed on the weekend.

A super nice Supervisor called me back today and I could tell she was a Supervisor.

I should have been more prepared for this call so that should be a lesson for me.  I made a moderately strong appeal but I am sure they have heard it all before.  She said she would review the app and send me an email response for the recon in the next 7 days

SInce I have been turned down 6 months ago for the 75K mile AA CC for some unbelievable reason, I would say no again as this denial was different.  She didn't even want to pull my credit again since this denial was not bureau related.

I'm screwed.

Message 6 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

How long ago were the delequiencis with citi? and were they charge offs or just lates?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.