cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now I REALLY think we need Chase Amazon!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Now I REALLY think we need Chase Amazon!

So the past couple weeks my partner and I have been working on cash flow, credit cards for daily use, credit cards for large purchases, what we spend where, etc. etc. you know... well most companies and sites Im finding (think I just always ignored before on purpose) anyway have tools to simply give dates and all or certain transactions and give you total... well just did 01/01/2012 til TODAY and we spent $3,847.70

Now while that might not be much if we bought Computers, Printers, Appliances and such... We have not!

I order a lot of my gluten Free things, and most small or quick last minute thoughts/needed items since we have Prime and Amazon uses Trac something rather that usually delivers next day regardless if it's 1,2, or ground shipping ordered becuase it's just coming from outside of where we are.... so if it's available on Prime I order it, much of the time under $10!

~ Most of this $3800 went on Amazon Store or lately Navy Federal now getting 1.5% but probably less than $1k went on a different card from the amazon store earning nothing!

~ Also been looking at partners Amex Costco because he is just under $19,000.00 in spending and much of it is at 1% so i want that changed.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Re: Now I REALLY think we need Chase Amazon!

I don't know how you feel about Citibank, but their Forward card also seems like a good option for you Amazon purchases.

5 ThankYou points per dollar at restaurants, movie theaters, and bookstores (including Amazon). If you redeem for travel or student loan/mortgage rebates, it 's 1 cent per TYP, and other options average about .8 cents per TYP. You would have Amazon covered as well as eating out and going to the movies.

Costco might be more difficult, as they only accept Amex and warehouse stores are usually never a bonus category. Some alternatives might be the Fidelity 2% Amex (if you have a Fidelity account already) or the BofA 1.25% Accelerated Rewards Amex.
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 2 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I really enjoy my amazon card. Don't forget there is 2% on drugstores; gas; and restaurants.

Love chase amazon!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 6
knoregs
Established Contributor

I recently applied for Chase Amazon and was shot down. Seems they didn't like the fact that I boned 'em a dozen years ago. Long memory it seems. Also if I remember correctly they pulled TU, which is my worst score 'cause is shows a med collect from a few years back. Oh well, I'm sure I'll never end up being a Chase customer again. ~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 4 of 6
nishant1
New Contributor

I am happy with Chase Amazon which gives 3% exclusively on all Amazon purchases and you can use points for next purchase right away- No minimums

Message 5 of 6
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Citi Forward is the way to go here.  You can redeem for some gift cards at a 1 to 1 ratio as well.  It is definitely one of my favorite cards in my wallet.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.