Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now using my card like crazy.. waiting for CLI

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Now using my card like crazy.. waiting for CLI

With last month's apping spree, I have five new cards now. So it's time to grow my credit line. I'm charging my business expense in the amount of 3X-4X  CL through each card I have,which you can see in my sig, except the Cap One card. I asked each card issuer's CSR in advance and read the T&C of each card thoroughly, and it seems fine to put business charge on personal card. Actually I have 90K+ business expense each month that I can charge through credit cards. But I think 4X of CL is the limit, anything beyond that can look suspicious and raise a red flag. So I have to finish the rest of these transactions with debit card or check.

The only thing is that my credit history is short, oldest account is 1 year and 10 month, AAOA about 5 months now. 30 inquiries on each report. Annual income 80K.

Does anyone have any idea of the approximate CL I may eventually get after six months?  Do you know some other way I can use to increase CL fast? Maybe show the bank a large amount CD or fax them my tax return? Thank you. 

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Now using my card like crazy.. waiting for CLI

Chase CLIs initiated by you is 1 HP. GE is SP, not sure about rest.

There's no good approximation on how much CLI you can get. There's also a chance you will not get any even if you invest a HP. Best way is to practice good credit habits, use the cards a lot and pay a lot, and keep util low when you are about to ask for CLI.

Best of luck!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

With last month's apping spree, I have five new cards now. So it's time to grow my credit line. I'm charging my business expense in the amount of 3X-4X  CL through each card I have,which you can see in my sig, except the Cap One card. I asked each card issuer's CSR in advance and read the T&C of each card thoroughly, and it seems fine to put business charge on personal card. Actually I have 90K+ business expense each month that I can charge through credit cards. But I think 4X of CL is the limit, anything beyond that can look suspicious and raise a red flag. So I have to finish the rest of these transactions with debit card or check.

The only thing is that my credit history is short, oldest account is 1 year and 10 month, AAOA about 5 months now. 30 inquiries on each report. Annual income 80K.

Does anyone have any idea of the approximate CL I may eventually get after six months? Thank you. 

Smiley Surprised

Why so many????

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

Wow I missed those inquiries. Good catch!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 6
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

Does anyone have any idea of the approximate CL I may eventually get after six months? Thank you. 

Smiley Surprised

Why so many????

A lot of are premature apps I did in the late 2011 before I learnt anything about CC. I just thought it pretty fun to app at that time and didn't realize the lost.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 5 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

Just wait till they fall off end of this year then before you do anything else and you will be fine
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.