Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck Card Unauthorized Transaction + Refund Not Posted To Account

tag
RnJ
Contributor

Re: OCCU Duck Card Unauthorized Transaction + Refund Not Posted To Account

From what I've only gathered from posts from this forum, OCCU doesn't have a clue how to operate their secured message system.  To date, I have seen zero persons claim they ever got a response via secured message, save for the generic auto-reply ("we have received your message, you will receive a reply within 48 hours" or something to that effect).  When I first encountered that (also sent a SM to them in Dec), I was shaking my head, should have known it was a precursor to crappy customer service.

Message 11 of 17
acb5456
Regular Contributor

What a terrible credit union to do business with. I hope everyone who applied and received their credit card closes the account, because it seems as though it will eventually bite you in the butt.
Chase Sapphire: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $15,000 | BofA Cash Rewards WMC: $15,000 | Discover IT: $15,000

FICO: TU-793 (Discover), EX-805 (Amex), EQ-790
Message 12 of 17
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

@acb5456 wrote:
What a terrible credit union to do business with. I hope everyone who applied and received their credit card closes the account, because it seems as though it will eventually bite you in the butt.

Yup. After reading all the stories im going to be SD my duck card. They owe me almost $300 in cash back that Im meant to get on the 12 mth anniversary. If they close my account I hope they send my checkSmiley Surprised 

Message 13 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Happychap wrote:

@acb5456 wrote:

Yup. After reading all the stories im going to be SD my duck card. They owe me almost $300 in cash back that Im meant to get on the 12 mth anniversary. If they close my account I hope they send my checkSmiley Surprised

rewards are forfeit if the account is not open and in good standing on the day of redemption so no you would lose the $300 if they close it but since yours is working and not blocked you have nothing to worry about IMO.

Message 14 of 17
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Happychap wrote:

@acb5456 wrote:

rewards are forfeit if the account is not open and in good standing on the day of redemption so no you would lose the $300 if they close it but since yours is working and not blocked you have nothing to worry about IMO.

Well not closed YET! lol I have a feeling they are on a closing spree and will be coming round to me and others shortly...Smiley Mad

Message 15 of 17
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

I'm amazed nobody saw this coming.

So let me get this straight... A credit union that doesn't require membership is offering huge limit cards... In some cases 5x or more bigger than the consumers biggest line... @ 0% for a year with cash back rewards and nobody thought the ship would eventually sink?

I doubt there was a compromise. OCCU just got in way over their heads with the lending.

The card never appealed to me because I got the same deal with my CU that I have a membership with... Glad I didn't get caught up in all the hype.
Message 16 of 17
mrflibble

I would happily close my account now even though this is my highest limit card. Problem is my balance is $800 above where it should be due to an unauthorized transaction and an uncredited refund. I really really really wish I hadn't applied for this card now.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.