cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
studiogeek
Valued Member

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

Greetings,

I started using my new Beaver card Friday morning. By the evening, it was declined. I called and was told "your card may have been used in a compromised event" (whatever that means). I probed hard and got no response other then that. I have called 3 times so far. Card is on hold and no further info is available. 

Keep an eye on your account.

Apparently, here are many cards involved.

SG

Aug 2012 TU/EQ/EX 500's (zero positive credit, one 6 year old CO for $1100) Rebuild->Cap 1 secured $200->TU 610 EQ/EX 640, Shell $500 (cli) $750, Macy's $500, Bloomie's $500 ->(cli $1.2K), Victorias' Secret $750->(cli 1K) (level 2 moves) NFCU Visa Signature $15K/$20K, USAA $4K, Amex Blue $9K/$37K, Amex Costco $10.5K Penfed Visa $2.5K, OCCU Beaver $20K, Amex SP Gold(no limit), Chase PRG 26K ~ MyFico TU775 EQ789 EX766 / $0-$200,000 CL in just 18 months.
Message 1 of 564
563 REPLIES 563
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

@studiogeek wrote:

Greetings,

I started using my new Beaver card Friday morning. By the evening, it was declined. I called and was told "your card may have been used in a compromised event" (whatever that means). I probed hard and got no response other then that. I have called 3 times so far. Card is on hold and no further info is available. 

Keep an eye on your account.

Apparently, here are many cards involved.

SG

same thing happened to meSmiley Surprised

Message 2 of 564
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

What's going on with this?

Can anyone with it relay if it's due to POS terminals or something else?
Message 3 of 564
studiogeek
Valued Member

They say "no further information is available at this time".

Aug 2012 TU/EQ/EX 500's (zero positive credit, one 6 year old CO for $1100) Rebuild->Cap 1 secured $200->TU 610 EQ/EX 640, Shell $500 (cli) $750, Macy's $500, Bloomie's $500 ->(cli $1.2K), Victorias' Secret $750->(cli 1K) (level 2 moves) NFCU Visa Signature $15K/$20K, USAA $4K, Amex Blue $9K/$37K, Amex Costco $10.5K Penfed Visa $2.5K, OCCU Beaver $20K, Amex SP Gold(no limit), Chase PRG 26K ~ MyFico TU775 EQ789 EX766 / $0-$200,000 CL in just 18 months.
Message 4 of 564
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Odd. Think I'll try to call them Monday and see what's happening all of the sudden. I haven't had an issue with the Duck except the first week. It was temporarily suspended unknown to me at the time, until i made a CVS purchase at a second in-store terminal where a "hold" was triggered.

Later discovered they simply acted on an error in spelling i reported to them that same day. No harm, no file then.

But i read on another's forum about this latest rash of holds.
Message 5 of 564
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Ya, same here, only had card in hand 5 days and I don't believe them. I pressed hard demanding answers got none then I told them "I don't play games and if you are too small of an operation to eat a few bogus charges should they occur you can put the card where the sun doesn't shine unless you release the account right now". They refused, the card is in the beaver/duck crapper, permanently. I also told them they will erase all references to self from my CR incl the app inquiry or they will hear from my lawyer. No I wasnt kidding about the lawyer I have a corp one on retainer at all times and he is the type who wound stuff own mom for a profit (the best one to have).. End of the OCCU story for me.

Message 6 of 564
gstq34
Contributor

I'm "on hold" also.  Same line from CS.  Ahhh well...off to the SD with it.  I've done my BTs and the 20k line was nice Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 764 EX (FAKO)
Goal Score: 760 all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 564
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

On hold here too! It was declined at walmart. So embarrassing to have your card declined!!

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 8 of 564
RnJ
Contributor

Is there any common denominator for the posters here who have their OCCU cards on hold?  For example:

1.  Was this your first purchase since obtaining your OCCU card?

2.. Did everyone purchase from the same retailer say, within the last 15 or so days?

3.  Related to the Target breach or Nordstrom or Michael's?  Or the purported 6 other retailers that have yet to come forward?

4.  If so many cards are on hold, might this possibly be a bank breach? (happens occasionally, even if no card numbers were breached, it is a precautionary measure with the bank)

Message 9 of 564
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@RnJ wrote:

Is there any common denominator for the posters here who have their OCCU cards on hold?  For example:

1.  Was this your first purchase since obtaining your OCCU card? NO

2.. Did everyone purchase from the same retailer say, within the last 15 or so days? Used at Del Taco x 2 and Rite Aid x1

3.  Related to the Target breach or Nordstrom or Michael's?  Nope I only had card 5 friggin days, no way it could have been compromised unless its one of the 2 I used it at.

Or the purported 6 other retailers that have yet to come forward? What other 6??, where you hear this???

4.  If so many cards are on hold, might this possibly be a bank breach? Possible (happens occasionally, even if no card numbers were breached, it is a precautionary measure with the bank)

Message 10 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.