Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU/ Duck card Closed

tag
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

OCCU/ Duck card Closed

Had this card since Nov of 2013 . Never had a problem before. Always pay on time. Credit limit $15k . Balance$0. 

Went to make a purchase today of $200. Declined .

Called NICE customer service and the lady tells my OCCU closed my account. She didn't know why .

So I call OCCU and they transfer me back to NICE .? ?  

Oh well, saw this one coming , just took a little longer than the rest . 

Just wonder the reason for the closure. 

MyFICO Scores : EQ = 791 , TU = 794, EX = 774 as of 06/16
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: OCCU/ Duck card Closed

Quack quack. Sorry OP. What a disaster! Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 27
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Quack quack. Sorry OP. What a disaster! Smiley Frustrated

That's ok, didn't use the card much anyway. Wondering if anybody still has it. .. (That got it back when they were approving everybody , around Oct/Nov'13)

Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 3 of 27
baller4life
Super Contributor

Several people still have it from that era. Hope its not some mass closure bout to go down. OCCU takes the cake when it comes to incompetence. Geez!
Message 4 of 27
taxi818
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Several people still have it from that era. Hope its not some mass closure bout to go down. OCCU takes the cake when it comes to incompetence. Geez!

Yikes. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear.. If you ever find out why, update the thread.

Message 6 of 27
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear.. If you ever find out why, update the thread.

Sure will . I told the lady to send me a letter with an explanation . I'll keep posted when I get it. 

Message 7 of 27
mrflibble

I've had the same card since 2013 and recieved a letter today stating they have closed my account...

"Unfortunately, a recent account review revealed that your account ending in XXXX no longer fits within our risk parameters and has been closed. Risk parameters include factors such as the channel or manner in which the account was opened, the existence of other account relationships with us, and/or other product management considerations."

The card had a $15,000 limit and has had a zero balance for a couple of months. I can't say that it came as a total surprise. I'm just hoping it doesn't look bad to my other creditors that OCCU initiated closure of the account.

Message 8 of 27
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

@mrflibble wrote:

I've had the same card since 2013 and recieved a letter today stating they have closed my account...

"Unfortunately, a recent account review revealed that your account ending in XXXX no longer fits within our risk parameters and has been closed. Risk parameters include factors such as the channel or manner in which the account was opened, the existence of other account relationships with us, and/or other product management considerations."

The card had a $15,000 limit and has had a zero balance for a couple of months. I can't say that it came as a total surprise. I'm just hoping it doesn't look bad to my other creditors that OCCU initiated closure of the account.

So, that's probably what I'll receive in the mail also.. . 

I don't think it will look bad with other creditors. It will say "closed by creditor " on your credit report , but as long as it is only one account , it shouldn't make much difference anyway. It will stay on your report for 10 years.  

Message 9 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Something similar happened to my Duck Card last month. It always went declined after about the 2nd or 3rd charge every time i used it and would have to consistently without fail have to call in to have the hold lifted. Well last month i got fed up with this crap and when they asked me why i was closing it i gave them the perfectly legit reasons why, they apologized and all that sillyness, and i felt like i had shed an anchor when they did close it. I was one of the few account holders that survived the massive closures but it just as well been included because the darn thing turned out to only be a nusance time and again.

Good riddance Occu and your lame Quack card.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.