Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OH MY Discover paid off balance to Junny TWICE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH MY Discover paid off balance to Junny TWICE

Smiley Surprised

Requested a balance transfer from Juniper to Discover when we applied for Discover. We got approved but the BT was not showing on the acct.  We signed into the new acct and requested the BT.

Discover mailed TWO payments to Juniper.  Now our Junny accts is -$6,400.  And our Discover acct is at $13k!!! ACK!

I called to talk to Juniper and the woman was talking so fast she didn't even notice that I gave my mother's maiden name incorrectly. She was rambling too fast to even get what I was calling about. I finally snapped and said, "can you PLEASE talk slower, this isn't a race".

She didn't like that, but too bad.  Now I have to fax them and request they cut a check back to us and wait 10 days. 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OH MY Discover paid off balance to Junny TWICE

I would call discover-
If they paid via ACH- ask them to reverse it.

Discover is a heck of a lot better to deal with than Junny-

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good idea. Discover is in my husband's name so I will call this evening with him. Hopefully they can retract it.  I definitely don't want to have to wait for Juniper to cut this check as they now know I've BTd to zero and am not so much of a priority to them. 
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well we're shoot out of luck I guess. I called Discover and they would not reverse the payment to Juniper.  I called Juniper and they had me fax a request for credit in the form of a check.

They sent me an email saying they will cut the refund check NO SOONER than May 13, and it will be 7 to 10 days from that. The check of course will be going straight to Discover, but in the meantime we will probably owe a payment to Discover on double-the-balance than we were supposed to.

Money is very tight now so that kinda sucks.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.