cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OKay!!! I got the Nerve to apply For Navy Federal Card!!!!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: OKay!!! I got the Nerve to apply For Navy Federal Card!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok Thank U!!! Ive spent Hourssssssssssssssssss trying to learn how to IMPROVE my score so the Reward" will be well worth the long hours of being A FICO ADDICT!!!!lol

I'm hoping that ivyalmighty sees your thread. She did much the same, not much existing credit, and got a great card.

Navy does take its time, so don't be a bit surprised if you don't hear anything until the end of the week or the beginning of next week. It doesn't mean there's a problem; it's just that the word has gotten out, and they're busy, busy, busy. Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied over the phone! also the Rep was very encouraging ! she said Hopefully they will approve both of your apps at the same time! I also applied for the Mastercard also !(thanks smallfry)  and to everyone else who has encouraged me!!! Thank YOU the only way ive gotten this far is myficoooooooooooo reading and dreaming to be like the 600 club!!! lol....what the Heck its a inquiry I might as well go all the way and they Rep said your right It would be my pleasure to do your mastercard app also! Man Im over here praying! singing! wondering! HMMMMMMM its posted online still Review In PROCESS.... whooooooooooooooo when when I cant sleepWoman Wink  Sidewinder also is soooooooooooo kool for always responding thank U , Chedder the Moderator whooooooooooo TOAST anyone!!! Cheers
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL....Too funny. Best of luck, you deserve it.
Message 13 of 17
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

It took them 3 or 4 days to approve my applications, but worth the wait.

I got the plain jane NFCU Mastercard. I figured I might use the concierge service sometime, and none of my other cards offer that service.

I plan on using this card in case I need to revolve a balance for a long period of time, so I wanted the lowest possible APR. I also believe that they won't get nervous if I do revolve a balance, unlike Amex.

I did end up scoring a World Points card from BOA a week or two ago. I read a little from some members who used the concierge service. I'm interested in seeing what they can do for me.
Here we go again...
Message 14 of 17
shawnette
Regular Contributor

Actually, they've been really fast for me.  I apped for 2 CCs, both approved within 24hrs (VISA was instant); NavChek LOC took about 4 days because they needed proof of ID; Apped for a signature loan this morning at around 10 and when I got home from work tonight, it was already deposited into my account.  Now that's FAST!

You can check the status here:

(You can also log into your account and click on the "Other Services" tab, then scroll down to "Check Status of Pending Loan Application")  

I LOVE NFCU!!!!!
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best of luck mrsanderson.
DH & I applied together & none of my scores were above 600, and none of his were above 620. We got a $15000 CL on nRewards Visa card.
I think our poor credit may have been been given less weight because of DH's long-standing relationship with them... customer for 15 yrs, about 5 personal loans over the years, plus our auto loan through them right now.
It took a full week to get the response. In the interim, I emailed them and explained why exactly we wanted the card.. told them about our credit repair, how we intended to only use the card to show utilization & PIF each month, etc.. I don't know if that helped or not, but it made me feel better Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!! is what I just found out Its says Derog only 2 is on there from 2005!!!!!! my score is 682 Im kinda madSmiley Mad but then again I got Kays jewlers for 1500CL I cant complain now I need one more PLEAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSE... EQ puller only! any Suggestions of who to Jeanie kazzzzzzzam NEXT.....
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.