Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLD AMEX GOLD

tag
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

Re: OLD AMEX GOLD

Man, oh Man!  It sounds like you found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, ohboy!

If I remember correctly I had an AmEx card opened in the 1980's as well and cancelled it when I moved to Central America in 1987.  I'm sure I cut the card up 20 years ago <sniff>  <sniff> so there's no chance in regaining my AmEx history.  But it was a nice dream while it lasted.

I'm so glad it worked out for you.  Keep us posted on what it does for your score.
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 41 of 57
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

I too hopped on the AMEX bandwagon to benefit from old accounts I had with them back in the 80's hoping it would help my average age. On review, I'm pretty certain it won't have a big positive impact. In analyzing my reports, it says I have 20 accounts (though only 9 are active). My average age is 6.5 years. If my math is correct, adding one card with a 20 year history will only improve my average age by at most a few months....

Oh well, we'll see....
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 42 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've called twice to 2 different numbers and they tell me that once the account is closed for over 3 months, they cannot activate it.

What numbers did you guys call?

The 2 Tel. I called were:
800-678-0745
888-246-1076

Message 43 of 57
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

It's not reactivating an old card, it's getting a new card. However, the old card history start date should carry over to the new card and report that way to the bureaus...
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 44 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

Today i have recieved my new Amex Credit Card

Says member since 1984

lol I love it

Showed it off , to my friends and loved ones

they alled wowed me, when i explained what i did all they did was yawn

I guess they dont really understand the FICO, or just have poor credit and are envious

the Amex still did not report to the CRA as of yet

But I am very happy with my card and sharing my happiness with MyFICO friends

I did it because of you guys

thx all

Message 45 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ohboy,

Did you call the back door number?

I called twice to 2 different numbers and they could not find my card no. in their system.

They said that if it has been over 3 months, they won't be able to find it.

Thanks.
Message 46 of 57
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

....Showed it off , to my friends and loved ones
they alled wowed me, when i explained what i did all they did was yawn
I guess they dont really understand the FICO, or just have poor credit and are envious

LOL, it's like being a runner and knocking 6 seconds off your best time, and you tell other people, and they just say, Dude, your shoes sure are stinky!

We fellow stinky-shoed people congratulate you. Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 47 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Solar

I called the number on back of the card, It just happened that even the old card had the same number

1-800-528-4800

They had no record of the old account, so i faxed a copy of the old card

That had satisfied them,

Us FICO Maniacs get all excited about things like these happeneing to us,

But like i said i put them all to sleep taking about FICO scores and things about credit

but they do know how to ask for a loan, from your credit cards
Message 48 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ohboy.
I'll try that number and let you guys know what happens.

Message 49 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

today i had noticed on my Truecredit that amex had reported to all CR that the account was opened in

May, 1984

From the last time i pulled my scores  EQ 672 EXP 701 TU 706,

Not much had changed, but in the process i opened new accounts that were reported

Citi Checking Plus
Citi HHonors Signiture Visa
Disc (HSBC) Yes they did report it, transfered CL(and closed account) to my old Disc from HSBC
Bank of America  99/500 Have to get in with them

Scores are  EQ 679 EXP 696  TU 705

At the end of this month,   AMEX HH , Amex Blue Cash,  and WAMU MC (closed) will age the year

hopefully this will bring back EXP to over 700 again , all three did there inquiyies in EXP

Message 50 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.