Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLD AMEX GOLD

tag
smoothjk
Contributor

Re: OLD AMEX GOLD

I had fun reading through this thread ... felt like it had a sense of history to it haha.

Congrats on the find! I guess this is one rare example of how NOT cutting your credit cards did you good. The scores might not have increased much depending on the other credit card accounts you have revolving -- the more you have and the older they are, the less impact this single, old account will have.

But now, you have a great old card that you can faithfully and pridefully use for years to come. =) I envy you~ One subtle, but very real, benefit you have is that your score is better "anchored" to the higher end because of the older age. As someone mentioned, you may have gone to a better bucket =)

Message Edited by smoothjk on 07-16-2008 11:33 AM
FICO (06/17/08): TU 691 - EQ 642 - EX 638 - Util 64%
FICO (07/23/08): TU 698 - EQ 653 - EX 644 - Util 50%
FICO (02/04/09): TU 694 - EQ 668 - EX 654 - Util 43%
FICO (05/18/09): TU 687 - EQ 675 - EX n/a - Util 39%
FICO (03/09/10): TU 666 - EQ: 691 - EX 644 - Util 54%
IDGuard (2/8/12): TU 690 - EQ: 710 - EX 710 - Util 72%
FICO (03/13/12): EQ: 696 (87% revolving to limits)
Message 51 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Smooth

lol I keep hearing buckets really do not understand them

But I hope they do not happen to leak on me

thanks again

thing is that junk drawer i had since i bought the dresser in 1982, have moved three times

never emptied just caried as is full of junk and my Amex card,

O by the way my piggy bank (clear tinted glass)was in there from when i was a little kid, it still

had them old big dollar cions (25 of them), wonder if the piggy is worth more then the cions now

That Amex was my very first card I had ever gotten, and i gots it back.

my scores were 501 at all three CRA at April 2005,  but with this forum had helped me increase my

scores

Again I want to thank you all
Message 52 of 57
mazinaige
Regular Contributor

hi ohboy,

I called Amex customer service to ask about backdating my old account and was told that while they do recognize members by their original membership date, it is just a 'vanity plate' on the card but it does not impact the length of history reported to credit agencies. How disappointing! :smileysad:

I was wondering what happened with your account and length of credit history?

FICO® TU: 703 8/07/2015, EQ: 716 8/07/2015
Message 53 of 57
score_building
Senior Contributor

@mazinaige wrote:

hi ohboy,

I called Amex customer service to ask about backdating my old account and was told that while they do recognize members by their original membership date, it is just a 'vanity plate' on the card but it does not impact the length of history reported to credit agencies. How disappointing! :smileysad:

when amex resurrects the old acct. and reports, the 'acct. opened' date on cbr (of all amex accts.) actually changes to the older acct. date, this can prompt:

1. a change in age of oldest acct.

2. a change in aaoa

3. rebucketing

how these and/or other factors in your cbr combine to impact your scores varies.

my score increased somewhere between 15-35 points upon amex reviving my old acct. info and reporting the older account date. 

Message Edited by score_building on 11-01-2008 01:22 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 54 of 57
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

score_building wrote:

when amex resurrects the old acct. and reports, the 'acct. opened' date on cbr (of all amex accts.) actually changes to the older acct. date, this can prompt:

1. a change in age of oldest acct.

2. a change in aaoa

3. rebucketing

Hello, What does "aaoa" mean?

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 55 of 57
score_building
Senior Contributor

ocheosa wrote:

Hello, What does "aaoa" mean?

Hi ocheosa,

aaoa = average age of accounts.   you've seen it listed in the 'Understanding Your Fico Score' (section 2) when you view your myfico report.  rating ranges from 'bad' to 'great'.  here's my TU 'Understanding Your Fico Score' section before the update:

You have an established credit history. 

Your oldest account was opened 18 Years, 3 Months ago.  FICO High Achievers opened their oldest account 19 years ago, on average.

Average age of your accounts
4 years.  Most FICO High Achievers have an average age of accounts between 6 and 12 years.

Your FICO score measures the age of your oldest account and the average age of your accounts. Your FICO score was helped because you have a relatively long credit history and you haven't recently opened many new accounts.

Message Edited by score_building on 11-01-2008 05:04 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 56 of 57
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Hello score_building,

Got it, Thank you!

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.