Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLD NAVY UPGRADE :D

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OLD NAVY UPGRADE :D

Hi All,

I just went online to schedule my payment for my old navy card and noticed that there was an Offers tab and under it, it said Upgrade Card so I clicked it and a window opened and said "YOU HAVE BEEN PRE-APPROVED FOR A VISA UPGRADE!" click accept to view terms.  So I clicked it and I was approved for a Visa upgrade Smiley Very Happy and not only did they upgrade me to a Visa but they also increased my limit to $3,000 from $1,300!!  Rate high 23.99 but that's fine since I'll pay in full... Totally surprised Smiley Surprised

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: OLD NAVY UPGRADE :D

Congrats. Are you sure it is not a new card? GEMB normally issues a new account when the offer the upgrade card. It was supposed to be upgrade but I have both WM Store Card and WM Discover Card.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you are correct.  In the email that they sent me to confirm it, they call it an UPGRADE but then it states that once I activate my NEW VISA card then my OLD existing Old Navy card will be CLOSED Smiley Sad!! Hopefully this doesn't hurt me too much since I'm fairly new to credit anyways.  I was in gardening mode so I hope they didn't hard pull me for this SUPPOSELY UPGRADE Smiley Mad!

Message 3 of 9
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

Is Old Navy BK friendly? I don't want to waste an inquiry if not.

Message 4 of 9
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

How long have you had this card?  My roommate has an ON store card, and she would love to upgrade to the Visa.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 5 of 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Old Navy is definitely helping me in my rebuliding, too! Gotta luv them. Smiley Happy

Thanks for the tip... I'll be keeping an eye on that tab in the future. Right now, it's not giving me that option... but maybe next year. (fingers crossed)

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my card for for about 10 months, apped in store and received a credit limit of $300.  I'm not sure about the BK friendliness.

Message 7 of 9
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Too bad they don't report the Visa with your original store card opening date. I wish Macy's did this with the Macy's AmEx card but they just create a brand new account, so I opted to stick with the store card since it's an old tradeline.

Message 8 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Too bad they don't report the Visa with your original store card opening date. I wish Macy's did this with the Macy's AmEx card but they just create a brand new account, so I opted to stick with the store card since it's an old tradeline.

According to some of the messages on this thread they do use your opening date

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/OLD-NAVY-VISA-UPGRADE-ANY-RECENT-EXPERIENCE/td-p/668148

Takes 1 to 2 billing cycles

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.