cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLD (and I mean OLD) Chase credit card revived?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OLD (and I mean OLD) Chase credit card revived?

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, that is great and a little shocking that they never closed the account.

It's lucky twist of fate...I've seen happen to a few ppl

Had a client whose VS account lay dormant for alomost 10 years 

it kept reporting as open although she couldn't use it, she'd call and ask

and nothing

Then one day it was 'ok' to use again...19 years of history intact, as lf it were

frozen some how during the midle 10 years, really helped her aging and is/was a head scratcher.

This is the type of stuff that happens enough to know it exist but isn't that explainable...it happens don't know why but

when it happens, you thank the gift horse and keep it moving Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 45
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, that is great and a little shocking that they never closed the account.

My BofA card has also survived over a decade with no activity and I am really grateful for this because I would have none of my other cards if that account had been closed... I guess sometimes you gotta be lucky Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 45
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Wow!  Awesome!

Message 13 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still totally shocked by this. This card was probably cut up into a million pieces right before I bought my house in 1999. I will be sure to post an update when i receive the card and let everyone know the details on APR etc. I really just tried to act casual when I was on the phone with the CSR and did not want to ask too many questions. 

UPDATE: Logged on and the last statement date was October 1999. This is right when i bought a house...so i must have cut it up so I would not use it and forgot about it!!!! APR is 14.24% so no grandfathering of some crazy rate.

Thanks!

Message 14 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a great story, lucky you !!!

Message 15 of 45
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, so I was going over my Credit Reports and noticed my Experian had a Chase Card from 1994 that is still reported as OPEN. Now I have not used a Chase card in over ten years. So on a whim I called Chase. They asked for my SSN and pulled up my account and sure enough, I have a Chase Freedom that has been open since 1994. I asked for a card to be sent to me. I gave them my address and the gal stated that it is not the address on the account. Mind you I moved in 1999. So they asked a few Security Questions which I passed. My "new" old card is on its way. Limit of 12K. Who knew. Strange story for sure.... I think this might win some award for a Sock Drawer Revival Card?

What amazing good luck on so many levels. Congratulations.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 16 of 45
icyhot
Valued Contributor

That's crazy and it looks like before that card you had the perfect quadfecta, a Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Discover. But that is super cool if I were you I'd grab a CSP to go with it lol they'd prolly give you a ridiculous limit

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 17 of 45
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

That's fantastic! Congrats!

LOL, I thought I was lucky when once several years back I found an old Target RedCard I had that was still alive and kicking after several years inactive. Nowadays I love it and use it almost weekly, but that's certainly no where near as cool as an old Freedom sitting around for 20 years gathering history.

Message 18 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did Chase freedom even exist in 1999? i thought it was Chase Platinum or something.

Message 19 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

You win the golden leprechaun of the week award for this one

Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.