cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLD (and I mean OLD) Chase credit card revived?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: OLD (and I mean OLD) Chase credit card revived?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am still totally shocked by this. This card was probably cut up into a million pieces right before I bought my house in 1999. I will be sure to post an update when i receive the card and let everyone know the details on APR etc. I really just tried to act casual when I was on the phone with the CSR and did not want to ask too many questions. 

UPDATE: Logged on and the last statement date was October 1999. This is right when i bought a house...so i must have cut it up so I would not use it and forgot about it!!!! APR is 14.24% so no grandfathering of some crazy rate.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info.  So the APR in 1999 was also 13,99% already with the newest adjustment of prime it gets to 14,24%  Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 22 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ccongrats!!!!!!! So cool.

Message 23 of 45
noobody
Established Contributor

Nothing compare to op, my friend revived a 4 year old slate, who i think it is impossible at the time
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 24 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

A W E S O M E
Message 25 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, that is great and a little shocking that they never closed the account.

It's lucky twist of fate...I've seen happen to a few ppl

Had a client whose VS account lay dormant for alomost 10 years 

it kept reporting as open although she couldn't use it, she'd call and ask

and nothing

Then one day it was 'ok' to use again...19 years of history intact, as lf it were

frozen some how during the midle 10 years, really helped her aging and is/was a head scratcher.

This is the type of stuff that happens enough to know it exist but isn't that explainable...it happens don't know why but

when it happens, you thank the gift horse and keep it moving Smiley Happy

Amen!

Message 26 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome story! Keep us posted on how things go! Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 45
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think this might win some award for a Sock Drawer Revival Card?

I'm not sure about an award.  Definitely make sure you're actively monitoring all open accounts.  You're extremely luck if it did not encounter fraud during the timeframe you forgot about it.  Also make sure you're regularly reviewing your reports.  At the very least make use of your free annual reports.

Message 28 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do monitor my reports. This particular card is only showing up on my Experian and not on the other two. So i *assumed* that it was closed and just getting hung up on Experian as "open". Yesterday I decided to call Chase and find out for sure.... in retrospect I guess I shouldn't have "assumed". I have very good credit. I am a Banker by occupation. This certainly falls under the heading  "Anomaly" with me. And part of me will not believe it til I get the card in the mail, LOL.

Message 29 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is awesome
Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.