cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLD (and I mean OLD) Chase credit card revived?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OLD (and I mean OLD) Chase credit card revived?

@Anonymous wrote:

Did Chase freedom even exist in 1999? i thought it was Chase Platinum or something.

Chase had a habit of basically rolling a slew of old products into the Freedom.  There were some absurd different number of different Freedom products at one point and the policies for each were different (new Chase app vs. Wamu acquisition card, etc ad naseum).

Think that is finally behind us at least.  

@Anonymous's kind of an epic find from the attic @OP Smiley Happy

        
Message 31 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did Chase freedom even exist in 1999? i thought it was Chase Platinum or something.

Chase had a habit of basically rolling a slew of old products into the Freedom.  There were some absurd different number of different Freedom products at one point and the policies for each were different (new Chase app vs. Wamu acquisition card, etc ad naseum).

Think that is finally behind us at least.  

@Anonymous's kind of an epic find from the attic @OP Smiley Happy

Or Slate. I had an old Providian / WaMu that shows in Chase's system as a Slate.

Message 32 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my card arrived in the mail yesterday! So I believe it now. It says Cardmember Since 1994. I will be keeping this one forever!

Crayzee.

Message 33 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give it a swipe today. Would suck if if was closed for inactivity (finally after all those years) today.

Message 34 of 45
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well my card arrived in the mail yesterday! So I believe it now. It says Cardmember Since 1994. I will be keeping this one forever!

Crayzee.

I would too! A 22 yr old card! That's bananas yo!

Message 35 of 45
renclan
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, so I was going over my Credit Reports and noticed my Experian had a Chase Card from 1994 that is still reported as OPEN. Now I have not used a Chase card in over ten years. So on a whim I called Chase. They asked for my SSN and pulled up my account and sure enough, I have a Chase Freedom that has been open since 1994. I asked for a card to be sent to me. I gave them my address and the gal stated that it is not the address on the account. Mind you I moved in 1999. So they asked a few Security Questions which I passed. My "new" old card is on its way. Limit of 12K. Who knew. Strange story for sure.... I think this might win some award for a Sock Drawer Revival Card?

Wow! That's crazy! Congrats Smiley Happy

Current FICO Scores: EQ 770, Trans 753, Exp 759
MyFICO Starting Scores/2015: EQ 677, Trans 695, Exp 674

Amex Blue Cash $21,500. Amex Everyday $11,300. Citi Double Cash $14,050. Cap One Quicksilver 11,800. Discover It $27,800. Chase Slate $5200. Chase Sapphire $10,000. Care Credit $2800. Wells Fargo $1500. Vic Sec $5380. Kohl's $2500. Old Navy $7500. Macy's $7000. Walmart $7500.
Message 36 of 45
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Crayzee.

Congrats!  Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 45
NRB525
Super Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think this might win some award for a Sock Drawer Revival Card?

I'm not sure about an award.  Definitely make sure you're actively monitoring all open accounts.  You're extremely luck if it did not encounter fraud during the timeframe you forgot about it.  Also make sure you're regularly reviewing your reports.  At the very least make use of your free annual reports.

Wow, tough crowd this one is.

On the contrary, Yes, an award is due. Congratulations OP. I wonder what part of Chases systems allowed the data to be sent to one bureau and not the other two, or if the other two bureaus somehow lost the record at some point. Do you have CR copies from 2000 to 2010? I wonder if it shows on any of those prior to dropping for inactivity.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 38 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish.  Oh I wish. 

In 1996 I opened and was approved for a Sears Store card. Never used it. 

Flash forward to 2016, I see this post and am wishing that account would revive from the dead too!

Congrats on that! 20 yr's is congratulatory!

Message 39 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on my 1994 Chase card. Used the card for the first time since receiving it in the mail. Took it to the gas station and bought gas. It worked! Also called Chase yesterday and had it changed to a Signature card. All is well!!! Now I hope Chase reports usage to TU and EQ... i will enjoy my AAoA going up. :-)

Small gripe. The last time I used this card was in 1999, and I swear the website at Chase has not changed one bit since then. What is up with that? 

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.