Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG Best 4th of July week ever!!

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

OMG Best 4th of July week ever!!

So today me and my mom both decided to take a plunge and request a CLI with our citi creditcard... I have the thankyou preferred (3500), and my mom has the regular thank you CC (3000).

So she requested first and only asked for 2000CLI and guess what... 10 minutes later she received an email stating tht Citi actaully gave her a 2500 increase to a new CL of $6500... btw this is her first credit card ever, beside the amex she gotten recently as well(2k) around the same time she apped for citi.

Anyways after my mom receive dher CLI, I went for it and ask for a 3000 increase... about 8 minutes later, i got an email and guess what: CLI was approved and my new CL is $6500 as well...Great friday so far.. also i only have the card for close to 3 months and I only used it once for a .99cent purchase on itunes, while my mom used it once as well for her shopping which she spent $200.

Dear XXXXX:

Congratulations! We are pleased to approve your request for a higher credit limit on your account. Your new credit limit is $6500 and is already available for your use.

If you have any further questions about your account, please call us at 1-800-950-5114 or visit Account Online at .

We value you as a customer and appreciate the opportunity to serve your financial needs.

Sincerely,

Credit Management 

Please note, you will also receive this notice online or in the mail.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Re: OMG Best 4th of July week ever!!

Congrats!!

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 2 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats to you and mom

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 13
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Simply amazing. Citi has CLI for me twice already. 6months interval with SP. They also offer promo on just about everything.. if you dont see the promo, just all them they will cook up something for you lol. So far I have got 0% apr extension 24 months!, 0% balance transfer.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 4 of 13
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

I guess they are happy this week and are in a giving mood for my mom and I. I was just shock that I actually got the CLI while only spending .99cent on iTunes...

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 5 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

So today me and my mom both decided to take a plunge and request a CLI with our citi creditcard... I have the thankyou preferred (3500), and my mom has the regular thank you CC (3000).

So she requested first and only asked for 2000CLI and guess what... 10 minutes later she received an email stating tht Citi actaully gave her a 2500 increase to a new CL of $6500... btw this is her first credit card ever, beside the amex she gotten recently as well(2k) around the same time she apped for citi.

Anyways after my mom receive dher CLI, I went for it and ask for a 3000 increase... about 8 minutes later, i got an email and guess what: CLI was approved and my new CL is $6500 as well...Great friday so far.. also i only have the card for close to 3 months and I only used it once for a .99cent purchase on itunes, while my mom used it once as well for her shopping which she spent $200.

Dear XXXXX:

Congratulations! We are pleased to approve your request for a higher credit limit on your account. Your new credit limit is $6500 and is already available for your use.

If you have any further questions about your account, please call us at 1-800-950-5114 or visit Account Online at .

We value you as a customer and appreciate the opportunity to serve your financial needs.

Sincerely,

Credit Management 

Please note, you will also receive this notice online or in the mail.

CONGRATS!!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 13
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Awesome!
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 7 of 13
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats ! Which CR did they pull and was it a HP for the CLIs ?
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 13
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations to you both!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.