Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG DCU Address Verificaiton?!?!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

OMG DCU Address Verificaiton?!?!

So after holding for over 32 minutes this morning for a rep at DCU to follow up about my partners membership they are telling me he needs to change a Util to HIS NAME before they will accept membership.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

I was like NO, I am not taking a HP to move the gas bill to my name just to join your CU when the Drivers License, PayStub and Credit Report all show this address, WHY are you STILL wanting to verify more, I thought the whole point was only if DL address was not current?

After a couple holds and going back and forth they told me to send over the car registration and they "might" accept that but wouldn't say until they see it.... so 48 minutes later I am back to square 1 to email a document and wait for them to look at it again and still no membership...

If it wasn't for the possible 1.24% auto I would have canceled this a LONG TIME AGO...

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
H4LO
Established Contributor

Re: OMG DCU Address Verificaiton?!?!

@Creditaddict wrote:

So after holding for over 32 minutes this morning for a rep at DCU to follow up about my partners membership they are telling me he needs to change a Util to HIS NAME before they will accept membership.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

I was like NO, I am not taking a HP to move the gas bill to my name just to join your CU when the Drivers License, PayStub and Credit Report all show this address, WHY are you STILL wanting to verify more, I thought the whole point was only if DL address was not current?

After a couple holds and going back and forth they told me to send over the car registration and they "might" accept that but wouldn't say until they see it.... so 48 minutes later I am back to square 1 to email a document and wait for them to look at it again and still no membership...

If it wasn't for the possible 1.24% auto I would have canceled this a LONG TIME AGO...

Wow. I was looking at DCU for a Auto Refi. But I really don't want to deal with all this hassle, especially if I have to send in tons of docs.

If a paystub, ID, and bank statement don't give you enough address information.... Somethings wrong. lol 

Seeing as I have no utilities in my name... I'd be screwed. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 2 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

ID verification is usually a DL or state issued id and /or passport and to verify the home address, utility, car registration or insurance. Pay stubs are not mailed to an address.  Alliant asked me for the same docs when I joined two years ago.  My utilities are in DH's name but since I'm listed on car reg and ins they accepted them. 

DCU is not the only CU that requires docs from a specific list. 

Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@H4LO wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Wow. I was looking at DCU for a Auto Refi. But I really don't want to deal with all this hassle, especially if I have to send in tons of docs.

If a paystub, ID, and bank statement don't give you enough address information.... Somethings wrong. lol 

Seeing as I have no utilities in my name... I'd be screwed. 

1. Well some folks have had zero issues and were instantly approved for membership online and then pre-approved for this stuff and an upload of paystub and everything was done so it seems to be just our luck!

2. yeah they wouldn't even accept the lease because it's not within a couple months (we moved in June last year)

of course I also was not able to talk to the direct department so you are going back and forth with a middle person which boils my blood in a hurry because it's like what about this document, or this document... and he is like please hold and let me check with them again!

crossing my fingers when I call back in an hour that we can get this finished up or else on to BurbankCity CU for a .5% higher rate option.

Message 4 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

ID verification is usually a DL, utility, car registration or insurance. Pay stubs are not mailed to an address.  Alliant asked me for the same docs when I joined two years ago.  My utilities are in DH's name but since I'm listed on car reg and ins they accepted them. 

for sure... but I just have never had so much trouble when DL's and credit report match the address you are trying to use...

I have no issue with verification of address when things don't match up or if they will take the car registration! they said no to car insurance!

further more telling me to change the billing on a util and wait for it to be mailed out and then apply to join again? YOU AINT THAT SPECIAL!

Message 5 of 12
john398
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

ID verification is usually a DL or state issued id and /or passport and to verify the home address, utility, car registration or insurance. Pay stubs are not mailed to an address.  Alliant asked me for the same docs when I joined two years ago.  My utilities are in DH's name but since I'm listed on car reg and ins they accepted them. 

I guess these days really no mail is sent to an address I guess though utility shows that you live an address even though it is e-mailed

Message 6 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

ID verification is usually a DL, utility, car registration or insurance. Pay stubs are not mailed to an address.  Alliant asked me for the same docs when I joined two years ago.  My utilities are in DH's name but since I'm listed on car reg and ins they accepted them. 

for sure... but I just have never had so much trouble when DL's and credit report match the address you are trying to use...

I have no issue with verification of address when things don't match up or if they will take the car registration! they said no to car insurance!

further more telling me to change the billing on a util and wait for it to be mailed out and then apply to join again? YOU AINT THAT SPECIAL!

Did you pass the initial security questions?

Message 7 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I have asked 2 people now and neither one said they would be able to see if it was passed or failed... I "thought" I did but all these issues lean more towwards I didn't!

Message 8 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I have asked 2 people now and neither one said they would be able to see if it was passed or failed... I "thought" I did but all these issues lean more towwards I didn't!

Perhaps that's the issue.  I know when my daughter joined 5 years ago, she was still in college, living at home. No utilities in her name, car registered to us and she was just listed as a driver on the insurance policy.  

I sent in a note with our utility bill and member number, her membership was opened the same day. 

Message 9 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

DENIED... I lost it!!

she put me back on hold and spoke to supervisor who reviewed docs sent, the fact i am already member and those docs match for my partner to and a "computer" glitch added in with wrong info from last rep and they are making "exception" and "should" receive email before 5.

ill update once I get official email

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.