Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG I LOVE NFCU

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

OMG I LOVE NFCU

I wrote in to request an upgrade to visa signature on my cash card. Imagine my surprise when I got the following reply back today!

Subject: Visa Signature Upgrade

Navy Federal Response 09/21/2012 : Thank you for your message. As requested, we have converted your cashRewards Visa account to a Signature cashRewards Visa account. To minimize any inconvenience to you, your account number has not been changed. However, a new card will be sent with the corresponding program description. Please allow seven to ten business days for delivery. Upon receipt of the new card, please destroy the old card. You may continue to use the Convenience Checks currently in your possession. Your Signature cashRewards account will start to accrue rewards immediately after conversion.

In addition to the current cashRewards benefits you already enjoy, you will receive all-new Visa Signature perks. You will continue earning 1.0% cash back on your first $10,000.00 of net purchases and 1.5% cash back after $10,000.00 or more of net purchases. The spending amount is reset at your account anniversary date. However, with your cashRewards Signature card, you can enhance your travels and everyday life with complimentary concierge service, access to exclusive tickets, and discounts at top retailers. Some of the Visa Signature perks include:

*Travel - Savings and upgrades on travel. Plus, exclusive benefits to some of the worlds most intriguing properties. *Entertainment - Save on Books, Music, Movie Tickets, and more! *Fine Wine & Food - Complimentary wine tastings, unique dining events, and special offers. *Sports - Access to popular sporting events, premier golf packages and savings on tickets and offers. *Shopping - Discounts on premium retailers, from jewelry to apparel and electronics. *Concierge - Save time with Complimentary 24-hour Visa Signature Concierge service.

You may find out more at visa.com/signature.

Upon review, we determined that you are currently eligible for a 12.65% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on your Signature cashRewards account. We have applied this rate to your credit card account, effective immediately. Please be aware that the new APR is not immediately seen via Navy Federal Online Account Access, even though the new rate applies. Your next credit card statement will close on 13 October, so the new APR should appear online after that date.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Your Message 09/21/2012 : Hi, I was wondering if my Credit Card account was eligible to be upgraded to Visa Signature version of the card.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OMG I LOVE NFCU

APR decreased from 14.65% to 12.65%.... whoot !! Plus I get siggy! !!
FICO 9:

Message 2 of 26
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats. Can you please PM me the email sent and email address used? Thanks in Advance

Message 3 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I used the secure message center.... they are pretty quick. If you look at my first post; the sentence at the end is all I sent.
FICO 9:

Message 4 of 26
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Yayyy!  Congrats!!  The siggy perks are pretty cool.  Smiley Happy

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 5 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

The concierge will be nice Smiley Happy
FICO 9:

Message 6 of 26
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

WOO HOO!! Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

Ask and you shall receive.

Congrats Hopper Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 26
Errin1
Contributor

Webbie....OMG guess what ?????   Last night I bought my mom a ticket to come visit me and the fam in NY for Thanksgiving ( I always buy her tickets...she's spoiled rotten) I said to myself "Hmm I buy so many plane tickets I should get a travel card." I already have my Navy Fed Cash Rewards and I didn't even think to upgrade to Visa Signature , I just filled out an app last night and was approved this morning. I don't know my limit yet but I am looking forward to using it....especially the concierge service Smiley Very Happy. I LUV Navy Fed....best credit union ever!!!!!!

hr> src="http://i.imgur.com/LEYWe.png">Starting Score: TU 610 EQ 655 - 8/2010
Current Score: EQ 714 9/13 EXP 708 8/13 TU 717 8/13
Goal Score: too much of a yoyo, maintain the 700's for 2013

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!!

In my case nfcu has given me way more than ive askied for!
FICO 9:

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.