Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! Kays

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG! Kays

Okay, the only score I know is my EQ and it is 562. I applied for thsi card yesterday online. They asked me security questions, so I thought I was in. Then, the 10 day message came up. For me, that has ALWAYS meant no! Well, today I got an email that they had an answer for me. I logged in to see "congratulations.....you are approved for $1500. I was shocked. I never thought I would get that much with my score. I guess they looked and saw that I have nothing really bad.....just charged at 93%, but only $3600. NOw.....do I really have to use it? I am not into that kind of jewelry.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
tunseeker1
Regular Contributor

Re: OMG! Kays

Why would you get it if you aren't going to use it? They will close it if you don't use it and closed by provider might not be very good.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your gonna have to use it lol.. if ya wana keep the trade line!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

had my account 11 months never used hope they wont close..
Message 4 of 17
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Think twice about wasting inquiries.  Go into the store and purchase something small to keep the trade open.  A watch battery perhaps, or an inexpensive chain.

Message 5 of 17
Lance66
Established Member

I have that card too.  I used it recently for the fist time ... approx 6 months after

I got the card.  Like others have said, just buy something inexpensive to keep

it open.  They are having some great sales there right now.  I got something

yesterday for about $300 off normal price.   

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it to increase my available cl. I just don't wear that type of jewelry. I have tons of jewelry already and do not need/want any more, especially the type they sell, but maybe I can find a gift for my daughter or something. EDIT....I got a baby ring for my grandbaby that is coming next month!!
Message Edited by forevergroovy on 12-15-2008 03:05 PM
Message 7 of 17
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got it to increase my available cl. I just don't wear that type of jewelry. I have tons of jewelry already and do not need/want any more, especially the type they sell, but maybe I can find a gift for my daughter or something.

there are certainly more practical ways to decrease your util, like applying for a card that is of use to you, doh!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, we are not all perfect. I can't get another card right now....doh!
Message 9 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

score_building wrote:

there are certainly more practical ways to decrease your util, like applying for a card that is of use to you, doh!

While this is technically true, of course, it's not the most supportive comment I've read. Smiley Sad Please keep in mind that members here are in all different stages of credit improvement.

These jewelry store cards are very useful for those in the very early stages of credit rebuilding, as OP appears to be with a score of 562. There aren't many other options out there other than vulture CC's with $300 limits and outrageous monthly and annual fees, so these can provide a temporary fix. Once scores have increased enough to be able to get standard cards with similar CL's, many people do go ahead and let them go.

Consider them a form of training wheels cards. Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.