Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG NO WAY Discover!!!!!

tag
afjock21
Valued Member

Re: OMG NO WAY Discover!!!!!

@linux007969 wrote:

Do they auto increase by any chance? Since i have plenty of available credit for now, i don't want to spook Discover by calling them later sometime next year or something  and asking for an increase. I also don't want to spook anyone else. I fear that Capital One, GE, Bank of America or even Disover could review my credit file and see i have alot of accounts in a short time and decide to close an account, so i'm gonna resist the urge to app and be careful with the credit i use, so i don't spook anyone! I'm still shaking from the approval... lol & i'm kinda paranoid right now i guess. lol

You're spooking me right now brother... Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 42
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 12 of 42
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Congrats!!
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 13 of 42
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats, welcome to the disc family.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 14 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats....I just got approved for a Discover card as well.

Message 15 of 42
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Out of curiosity, who did they pull?

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 16 of 42
linux007969
Established Contributor

@PleioneG wrote:

I have know idea, i have like 20 inquaries on Transunion so they either are not inquary sensitive or they pulled Equifax or Experian. If they pulled Experian i would be surprised as i just found out that some of my personal information on my experian report is wrong which could possibably cause a problem when applying for credit. I have a dispute letter for experian typed up and i am going the the post office tomorrow morning and sending it out through over night mail with delivery confirm since i am sending personal information out in the mail. I have to send a letter as calling them is not an option for me since their hours are not convient for me. I guess i'll know who they pulled when i get the card in the mail, or if credit karma sends me email alerting me of new inquaries for transunion. lol.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 17 of 42
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@PleioneG wrote:

I have know idea, i have like 20 inquaries on Transunion so they either are not inquary sensitive or they pulled Equifax or Experian. If they pulled Experian i would be surprised as i just found out that some of my personal information on my experian report is wrong which could possibably cause a problem when applying for credit. I have a dispute letter for experian typed up and i am going the the post office tomorrow morning and sending it out through over night mail with delivery confirm since i am sending personal information out in the mail. I have to send a letter as calling them is not an option for me since their hours are not convient for me. I guess i'll know who they pulled when i get the card in the mail, or if credit karma sends me email alerting me of new inquaries for transunion. lol.

I'm sure it's EQ. Discover usually likes to pull EQ.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 18 of 42
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!! I felt the same way when I apped on my phone earlier this month, and got immediate approval for my Motiva!!!!! Did you get the 15 mos 0% on bts and prchses?!!?! They told me no cli for six months, and they did pull eq for me here in Tx. You will get a letter telling you your EQ Fico.

Congrats again! Now remember what you had to do to get here and keep on keepin' on!!!

:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 19 of 42
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats! Those are the longest seconds while waiting for the app to go through. LOL

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.