SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

Re: OMG NO WAY Discover!!!!!

Congrats OP!!! GOGOGO!!

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 31 of 42
linux007969
Established Contributor

***Another update*** Got a letter in the mail today from Discover saying Congradulations and my card will be sent shortly. They also said they pulled Transunion and my score is 692 as of November 4th 2012.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 32 of 42
Movin_on_up
New Contributor

Nice work. Congrats!
Starting score: EQ FICO 8 702 (1/1/2012)
Current scores: EQ FICO 8: 763 / TU FICO 8: 760 / EX FICO 8: 765

Wallet: Chase Freedom 12K - Discover More 12K - Walmart 1K - Capital One MC 1K
Message 33 of 42
linux007969
Established Contributor

***Official Update*** My Disccver card finally came in the mail today! It's got a zero % interest till 2014 and 19.99% after. & My limit is $1,000 like has been previously stated. I called and activated it and spoke to a very nice guy in ohio, who in an energetic and fantastic voice said "Congradulations!!! Welcome to Discover!!!!" that made me feel awesome inside!!! Way better service than capital one, no contest!!! lol. so my card is all set and ready to use and i used it a few minutes ago to pay my cell phone bill. I plan on using it alot so i can build some great history and with no interest till 2014 maybe i'll buy myself a top of the line desktop computer later on and make some big payments to pay it off way before the interest free offer ends. Smiley Happy Thanks everyone on this forum, I couldn't have done it with you! I am in prime credit rght now, "I've arrived!!!" lol Smiley Very Happy

Message 34 of 42
ezef3ar
Contributor

Congratulation on you card I got mine today too
Message 35 of 42
linux007969
Established Contributor

I also think now the credit card companies are starting to act like AMEX cuz my discover card says "Member Since 2012" and my BOA says "Cardholder Since 12" at any rate it makes me feel important to see that! Smiley Very Happy

Message 36 of 42
linux007969
Established Contributor

Aparently even though i have a Motiva card, i am still entitled to the cash back deals they advertize each quarter on tv, cuz I called them to cancel my score tracker service (i decided i did't want it after all) anyway the rep from Arazona said today was the last day to signup & stock up on groceries and i was like ok (thinking she didn't know what card i had) So later i saw the grocery offer and a Phone and TV offer, I just used my BankAmericard Cash Rewards for groceries yesterday, so i thought i would try the phone and tv offer for the heck of it and see if it let me sign up, and it did! I was able to signup for their 2% cash back on their Phone & TV promo.  I thought i wasnt able to signup for these offers since the card is not for those kinds of offers, as it was designed for paying off a balance over time to earn cash back?

Message 37 of 42
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Congrats

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 38 of 42
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

CONGRATS, I KNOW THE FEELING. 

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: 460
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 39 of 42
HiLine
Blogger

@linux007969 wrote:

Aparently even though i have a Motiva card, i am still entitled to the cash back deals they advertize each quarter on tv, cuz I called them to cancel my score tracker service (i decided i did't want it after all) anyway the rep from Arazona said today was the last day to signup & stock up on groceries and i was like ok (thinking she didn't know what card i had) So later i saw the grocery offer and a Phone and TV offer, I just used my BankAmericard Cash Rewards for groceries yesterday, so i thought i would try the phone and tv offer for the heck of it and see if it let me sign up, and it did! I was able to signup for their 2% cash back on their Phone & TV promo.  I thought i wasnt able to signup for these offers since the card is not for those kinds of offers, as it was designed for paying off a balance over time to earn cash back?

May be a system error. If you're curious, try making a small grocery purchase and see if the promo cash back will post.

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.