Did you mean: 

OMG..STUNNED

tag
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: OMG..STUNNED

i wish i could get into a credit union... i have no affiliation anywhere >_<

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 11 of 38
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Juan123 wrote:

The only one I know of that you can join without meeting free membership requirements is PenFed through a membership (paid once) to something for military families (I think). But their criteria is so high many people still get rejected for credit products.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 12 of 38
Mellon
Established Contributor

NFCU got me wanting to ask for an increase on the NavCheck too...lol

good catch..yeah I use to work at Mellon many years ago..lol

Message 13 of 38
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

I applied for NFCU cashrewards in September.. Initially denied but I sent recon along with paystubs and got approved for $2000. After reading all of the CLI success I decided to hit the luv button and I got $5000 early this month. So today I thought about doing the balance transfer at 0% so I decided to ask for another CLI to $10000...got the 3-5 business day notice... just checked my account to pay my bill and my new limit IS 10K.. I am stunned and happy it is my highest limit. Now I can do the balance transfer and have enough of a cushion to still use my card to keep me under 50% utilization. THIS IS THE BEST CREDIT UNION EVER!!

That is so awesome!!! Congrats!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 38
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Juan123 wrote:

Me too!

They hand out some generous limits.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 15 of 38
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@Juan123 wrote:

Me too!

You can't get in with any local CU's?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 38
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@Juan123 wrote:

Me too!

Yes but they're the only CU known for limits that would allow consolidating everything to one card. I could easily get approved for more credit, that's not the issue. I'd like to only have one payment and run all daily spending through the AMEX and PIF. Utilization at 39% means I won't get approved for a high enough limit to move things around.

Another factor is I'm returning to school (hopefuly) and will end up making minimum payments for a while. I realize it's technically possible to write BT checks to myself and then pay them back to get 0% but everything will list as maxed-out one full billing cycle. It'd screw up utilization, affect student loan prospects and put off any companies doing soft pulls for CLIs. Smiley Happy One card has a 0% for 18 months BT offer and is at less than 50% utility, I want to do an electronic deposit (into checking), and basically refinance the balance to 0%. To protect the score, I have to initiate things right after the next statement cuts.

Another ugly reality is I'll be forced to get a car this summer. Finishing school will require commuting 100 miles/day. Until now, I've gotten by sharing a car with DGF.

For now; I have to garden between strategic pulls.

Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Mellon, that is a terrific CLI from a terrific CU (From what I've read) I'm not a Member and can not become one, as I have no Family in the Military, I do have Family that were in the Military but I'm not going to ask them to join just so I can.
Message 18 of 38
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@Juan123 wrote:

Me too!

Yes but they're the only CU known for limits that would allow consolidating everything to one card. I could easily get approved for more credit, that's not the issue. I'd like to only have one payment and run all daily spending through the AMEX and PIF. Utilization at 39% means I won't get approved for a high enough limit to move things around.

Another factor is I'm returning to school (hopefuly) and will end up making minimum payments for a while. I realize it's technically possible to write BT checks to myself and then pay them back to get 0% but everything will list as maxed-out one full billing cycle. It'd screw up utilization, affect student loan prospects and put off any companies doing soft pulls for CLIs. Smiley Happy One card has a 0% for 18 months BT offer and is at less than 50% utility, I want to do an electronic deposit (into checking), and basically refinance the balance to 0%. To protect the score, I have to initiate things right after the next statement cuts.

Another ugly reality is I'll be forced to get a car this summer. Finishing school will require commuting 100 miles/day. Until now, I've gotten by sharing a car with DGF.

For now; I have to garden between strategic pulls.

Wow....thats a bummer man. I'm sure there it at least one CU you can get in with even if they are not local.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 38
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@LS,

More reality than bummer, LOL!

Citi is offering 1.99% until Jan 2014 with 4% BT fee. I have the closing date figured out and plan to shuffle the debt before the card reports maxed out. Just ran a BT calculator and saw what it would save.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.