OMG..STUNNED

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: OMG..STUNNED

@drkaje wrote:

@Anonymous,

More reality than bummer, LOL!

Citi is offering 1.99% until Jan 2014 with 4% BT fee. I have the closing date figured out and plan to shuffle the debt before the card reports maxed out. Just ran a BT calculator and saw what it would save.

Sounds like a good plan!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 38
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@Anonymous,

Citi is offering 1.99% until Jan 2014 with 4% BT fee. I have the closing date figured out and plan to shuffle the debt before the card reports maxed out. Just ran a BT calculator and saw what it would save.

I'm glad this conversation came up! Closing date is March 10th so there's more than enough time to get it done.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 38
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@Anonymous,

I'm glad this conversation came up! Closing date is March 10th so there's more than enough time to get it done.

I hope it all works out for you! And your upcoming new mortgage! Congrats!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 38
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@Anonymous,

I meant card closing date.

No mortgage due to impact of DTI caused by student loans. That's one of the reasons I'm finishing pushing to finish school. USAA saying "No" at pre-approval really was a "yes" because I would have never been able to drop everything and make these moves. Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 38
credithappy
Regular Contributor

Congrats👍
Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 25 of 38
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@Anonymous,

No mortgage due to impact of DTI caused by student loans. That's one of the reasons I'm finishing pushing to finish school. USAA saying "No" at pre-approval really was a "yes" because I would have never been able to drop everything and make these moves. Smiley Happy

Oh, sorry i mistook that! Yea student loans are a real killer on DTI. My DW will be impacted by this real soon. I'm working with here to repair her credit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 38
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@Anonymous,

Oh, sorry i mistook that! Yea student loans are a real killer on DTI. My DW will be impacted by this real soon. I'm working with here to repair her credit.

Student loans are one of those things that can spiral out of control. All it takes is not making enough money to offset what the degree cost or failing to graduate.

Did the BT, should clear tomorrow or tuesday.

Message 27 of 38
LS2982
Mega Contributor

"Student loans are one of those things that can spiral out of control. All it takes is not making enough money to offset what the degree cost or failing to graduate.

Did the BT, should clear tomorrow or tuesday."

Sweet!!!

Yes, i'm very concerned about all of her loans here in the near future on how much they're going to be and how will they work with us on repayment. Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 28 of 38
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Some companies offer income sensitive repayment but you'll make very little progress on principle.

My credit is fine (now) but there was tons of school related credit spending and even a year of student loan payments that had to be charged! I basically have to take on more debt in hopes of finally getting things right, LOL!

Good news is my last late anything ages off this October. Regardless of DTI, or utilization, I'll have a spotless record. Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 38
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats Mellon, that is a terrific CLI from a terrific CU (From what I've read) I'm not a Member and can not become one, as I have no Family in the Military, I do have Family that were in the Military but I'm not going to ask them to join just so I can.

Mustang;

If your parent or sibling were RETIRED from military, they don't have to be members for you to join.  Usually you only need their name and address, NFCU can see if they're retired military (or retired contracted military employees).  If they didn't retire from the military or contracted etc, then it wouldn't help.  You can probably call NFCU if you're related to someone you think might qualify even if they aren't members and find out if they in turn qualify you. If they were NFCU members in the past and retired but closed their NFCU membership, it would still be in NFCU's records.

Just remember though, they pull for membership at least once as well as for credit products (additional pulls, they don't use the membership pull for credit for 90 days like PenFed).  Pulled EQ twice and TU once for me for membership and cards (I could have that backwards on the CBs pulled, I'd have to check).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.