Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMGOSH! YAY!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMGOSH! YAY!

Thanks to everyone on myfico!  After waiting 7 LONG years and working hard with everyone's help, I received notice today that my credit score is 739 EQ!  This is up from 623 on January 28th!  I am 2 weeks from closing on my first home and finally have confidence in my credit history!  I had one baddie that I kept fighting from Sprint for $81 and when it FINALLY went away, my score jumped from 682 to 739, so I guess it was hurting me a lot.

I have one $500 HSBC credit limit card.  Any suggestions for expanding my credit profile after the closing on my house?  I thinking of apping at my credit union and probably at Lowes.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fricnfrac1
Contributor

Re: OMGOSH! YAY!

Im new to Myfico, so have no experience to give you,  however congrats on the score increase and keep up the great work!

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 2 of 6
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Yeah, Lowes would be good or a card with Bank of America...but only after you close.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
KWilliams

I would try a credit union, of course after you close,and check the forum for any good bank card offers.

Message 4 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

First off...congrats on the wonderful score bump!!!!!  Smiley Surprised

After your home purchase, I'd try for the Lowes.  I apped online & initially they gave me a $400 limit (what can ya buy with that??)  So I imediately called their cust service # and let them know I needed appliances.....immediate bump to $2900.

I'd certainly check with a credit union...and if you want another card for the mix, go for the Nationwide Visa.  They give some sweet limits & great rates!

Oh....congrats on the house too!!!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!  Great score jump - congrats!  Talk about payoff for hard work!

hdsbmt wrote:  I have one $500 HSBC credit limit card.  Any suggestions for expanding my credit profile after the closing on my house?  I thinking of apping at my credit union and probably at Lowes.

Sounds like you have a good plan.  DH had a $500 Orchard, then app'd with Alliant CU and received a $10,000 CL Visa.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.