cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMGoshers why does Discover take so long to report???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMGoshers why does Discover take so long to report???

@Tran92 wrote:

You should had waited apping for the Freedom with a high limit like that on your Discover lol

Yeah...I didn't know any better at the time, but lesson learned!

Message 11 of 18
snowkitty
Established Contributor

My Discover took a month and a half to report.....I think it was because my card was opened and used in mid cycle.

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 12 of 18
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

For me it 2 months for my more to start reporting. They really take a while to start reporting. I called them to see if there was an error and the rep told me everything was fine in their system and that it was reporting as usual.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 13 of 18
kekrre
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for a Discover More card early November and a Chase card about a week later. The chase card has been a new tradeline for at least 3 weeks now and still nothing for Discover. I only really care b/c the Discover has a nice limit and I want the boost in my score. How long does Discover usually take to report?

My first Discover statement closed but didn't report. I'm actually kind of hoping they don't report this month either, as I won't feel so bad taking advantage of 0% APR 5% cashback Christmas financing.

My luck, they will though.

|||||||
Message 14 of 18
Brandnick
New Contributor

It's all depends 

I app my discover card 11/18 and it started to reporting to the CA 11/30 I believe that it depends on your close date and the date the files or sent over to CA if you missed the close date or send over file date then you have to wait for the next month. I was just lucky as it seems that all the stars were in alignment.

However my Amex is a different Story as is was app 11/18 and to date is has not reported to the CA

Current Score: 771 - 11/21/2012/ Amex Pull
Late Payment: 0 / Collections: 0
AAOA: 6.3 Years

"My Scores Yesterday or Last week or even Last month has no value when applying for credit today. The value is not in my score but the information in my credit file. Once the information is good the score will follow"
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brandnick wrote:

It's all depends 

I app my discover card 11/18 and it started to reporting to the CA 11/30 I believe that it depends on your close date and the date the files or sent over to CA if you missed the close date or send over file date then you have to wait for the next month. I was just lucky as it seems that all the stars were in alignment.

However my Amex is a different Story as is was app 11/18 and to date is has not reported to the CA

If you applied after me, how is it possible that I missed the close date?

Message 16 of 18
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Sometime they doesn't report until next Mid cycle......watch out they might report twice a month...........I used them heavy and got them report me in Mid Cycle......drop my score and stuff....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 17 of 18
Brandnick
New Contributor

As Nicholas stated is happens twice a month

It could depend on which cards numbers they sent over and when ( batch sending) I guess I was in the batch before you Smiley Happy

Current Score: 771 - 11/21/2012/ Amex Pull
Late Payment: 0 / Collections: 0
AAOA: 6.3 Years

"My Scores Yesterday or Last week or even Last month has no value when applying for credit today. The value is not in my score but the information in my credit file. Once the information is good the score will follow"
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.