Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVER THE CREDIT LIMIT!! HELP! =(

tag
Lovelygal31
New Contributor

OVER THE CREDIT LIMIT!! HELP! =(

My HSBC card has a limit of $300. My balance was $250 and my closing date was the 17th. My annual fee of $75 was charged yesterday to my account, so I'm over my limit by $25!! =( I made a quick payment to bring my account back to normal but how will this affect my credit score? I've never been late or anything. I've been paying in full up until a few months ago. HELP!!! 

Current Score: TU 633
Goal Score: EQ 720 TU 720 EX 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OVER THE CREDIT LIMIT!! HELP! =(

if you call they should waive the over the limit fee. just be nice and they will help you! good luck

Message 2 of 4
john398
Senior Contributor

I think it would be unfair for them to charge an overlimit fee because of a fee,  So hopefully they don't plus now don'ty you have to Opt-In for over limit fees?

Message 3 of 4
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Lovelygal31 wrote:

My HSBC card has a limit of $300. My balance was $250 and my closing date was the 17th. My annual fee of $75 was charged yesterday to my account, so I'm over my limit by $25!! =( I made a quick payment to bring my account back to normal but how will this affect my credit score? I've never been late or anything. I've been paying in full up until a few months ago. HELP!!! 

I don't think that'll impact your scores at all, Lovelygal31.  Worst case scenario, it may cost you a few bucks in fees, but if you sweet talk them a bit, they may let you slide on those, too.

Getting your balance down would help your scores the most.  If you can get back to your PIF routine, that would be great.

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.