Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVERSTOCK IS A JOKE !!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OVERSTOCK IS A JOKE !!

OverPRICED.com is the absolute WORST.    I have my own Overstock card and someone else in my house has their own Overstock card and because we both used the same exact log in site (under my name) they stopped both of us from buying from them even though all the requested info (Driver License and SELFIE!) were sent to them they said that "because you both used the same account (not card) to log in with, we consider it fraud".
Both cards have credit available and are in excellent standing.    This has nothing to do with Comenity who issues their card, only Overstock

(I even have an "online" credit because they overcharged me on an item and now won't honor it).   RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL business goes to Amazon !!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: OVERSTOCK IS A JOKE !!

Sorry to hear this. Sometimes having 2 different people with different accounts living in same address can cause havoc. I think its their fraud algorhythms or something. Amazons better imho Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Joe !    I've NEVER had this problem with two of us using, say, Nordstrom or Amazon so yeah, Amazon gets is all !!!!!  :-D

Message 3 of 9
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

I remember back when Overstock actually was a place you could save money. That was something like 10+ years ago, though.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I shopped quite a lot at Overstock a decade ago too...they often competed directly with Amazon on prices and would price-match, and had a comparable stock in terms of variety and width. These days...why bother? Those coupons they send out every week NEVER work in the "books,music, movies and media" category which is the one I shop in most frequently, and their prices are often higher than Amazon's now (especially considering that you can often get like-new copies through the Marketplace, you just need to know who the reputable sellers are and stay away from the problematic ones). I loaded my cart recently to see if the SCT worked for me (it didn't), but there's nothing there I want that I can't get from Amazon at a better price.

Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I temember as i was rebuilding ,and didnt know any better, i was looking for any credit to add and found overstock. Oh they got a cc cool. A MC , even better lol. But thankfully it was a pain in rhe butt to ship to where i live so for that i decided against it. Plus when looking at the prices and selection i thought it would be super amazing. Turned out wasnt that impressive for someone calling themselves Overstock.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I temember as i was rebuilding ,and didnt know any better, i was looking for any credit to add and found overstock. Oh they got a cc cool. A MC , even better lol. But thankfully it was a pain in rhe butt to ship to where i live so for that i decided against it. Plus when looking at the prices and selection i thought it would be super amazing. Turned out wasnt that impressive for someone calling themselves Overstock.

As a matter of fact, having read/posted this thread and thought about it, I'm going to do this: *tosses earlier tentative plan to apply for Overstock card in fall if it comes up through the SCT - assuming that still exists by then - over shoulder, where it ends up in the wastepaper basket* If I'm going to apply for anything Comenity, it's going to be Paypal Credit, because I actually use Paypal and shop at eBay (and to be candid, eBay sellers, that site being an auction site, often don't give you prices as good as Amazon Marketplace sellers do, but then again, you can get stuff there you couldn't get on Amazon, and vice versa, so!).

Message 7 of 9
dlm0820
Contributor

Overstock should only be used as padding.  

There is nothing worthwhile on there to buy and is surely overpriced.

Push $1 payment from your bank account every so often so the credit limit reports and keep asking for CLI's every so often.

Message 8 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Joe, i agree, PP Credit is actually really nice. I dont use it alot but it is hidden and ive gotten 2 auto 1k increases in the last year so with responsible use it does growSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.