Did you mean: 

Observation about Chase mobile app credit offerings

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Observation about Chase mobile app credit offerings

@vic6string wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Chase doesn't care about relationships, just how much money you move through them. 

"How much money you move through them" is a big part of the "relationship". Opening a checking account and keeping a couple hundred dollars in there with no movement isn't a relationship, its an aquaintance. If they see a decent check coming in regularly, and don't see you burning through the whole thing instantly, that's a relationship they can consider.

I currently make $70k and I've moved my salary through there for more than 10 years, plus my eBay business of $25k, plus was an employee for Chase corporate. They didn't offer anything to me until I moved $20k in 1 month. They straight up told us at work, as in training materials for their cards, that a customer's relationship will not be taken into account. If you can't qualify, you don't get anything. Employees didn't get special treatment either. Now, could things have changed since I left? Sure, but it hasn't. I still talk to my former co-workers that are still there. Nothing has changed.

Any time Chase mentions relationship, it's just marketing. 

Message 11 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@vic6string wrote:

Chase doesn't care about relationships, just how much money you move through them. 

"How much money you move through them" is a big part of the "relationship". Opening a checking account and keeping a couple hundred dollars in there with no movement isn't a relationship, its an aquaintance. If they see a decent check coming in regularly, and don't see you burning through the whole thing instantly, that's a relationship they can consider.

I currently make $70k and I've moved my salary through there for more than 10 years, plus my eBay business of $25k, plus was an employee for Chase corporate. They didn't offer anything to me until I moved $20k in 1 month. They straight up told us at work, as in training materials for their cards, that a customer's relationship will not be taken into account. If you can't qualify, you don't get anything. Employees didn't get special treatment either. Now, could things have changed since I left? Sure, but it hasn't. I still talk to my former co-workers that are still there. Nothing has changed.

Any time Chase mentions relationship, it's just marketing. 

Agreed. Chase does not care about "relationship" in the vast majority of cases.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, they're going in. Although for some reason it had a period where I got a paper check, maybe it was too close to payday. Lady at Chase said it should only take a week. lol

I haven't looked at it that closely, it's from a outsourced payroll company so i would hope it says "salary" on it. 

I thought about doing one of those ACH deposts so that i didn't have to change Banks for paychecks, but I didn't open this account to churn and burn. Now I'm not gonna be one who moves $20K though them in one month, but I make enough Money to live comfortably in my area.

I'm not looking for them to give me a $25-50K Cl, just enough to notice me for either SW Rewards, or a Freedom. 

Message 13 of 14
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@vic6string wrote:

I think that's true, too. I have a lot of money going in and out of my Chase checking accounts every year, probably 2x what my actual income is, since I also pay for a lot of work stuff that gets reimbursed. I'm sure when I applied for my Chase cards, they looked at my stated income, then looked at my checking account history and said "whoa!", which may be why they approved me for some great cards with great SL's that most people (including myself) would have never otherwise expected Chase to give me.

I'll also add that I have never used Direct Deposit. All the money that goes into my accounts comes from paper checks. So I really don't think this is specifically a "direct deposit" thing, rather it's just a general "how much money do you deposit" thing.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.