Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obsess with Express

tag
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Obsess with Express

Nobody mentioned yet that AMEX generally pulls EX exclusively, therefore, the OP is in a great position to apply for the SPG AMEX. 

OP I'd say go for it.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 11 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Jlu wrote:

Nobody mentioned yet that AMEX generally pulls EX exclusively, therefore, the OP is in a great position to apply for the SPG AMEX. 

OP I'd say go for it.

You're correct on their charge cards, but Amex revolvers are a different animal.  I suspect in this case there will be 2 reports pulled: new customer, not quite easy approval.   Could well be wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it's being an EX pull only in this instance.

        
Message 12 of 22
Jlu
Established Contributor

It's possible. I have only applied for their charge cards where they pull EX only. 

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 13 of 22
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

They only pulled EX for my BCE, but they SP me all the time on EX and EQ to pre-approve the PRG.

Message 14 of 22
hotpoint
Regular Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

They only pulled EX for my BCE, but they SP me all the time on EX and EQ to pre-approve the PRG.

Hello All and thaks again for your assistance.  I really want to know the best route, recently I applied for the NFCU membership (3-5 dy wait) and thought I would go for a high CL and BT, but I am interested in applying for a best AMEX to start the process . . . comments.  As I mentioned, my EX is very clean EQ and TU show the BK, which will delete 10.13.

Thanks for your comments,

-HotPoint

8.12.12   EX 761 - USAA

8.12.12   EQ 687 - FICO

8.13.12   TU 702 - FICO

Message 15 of 22
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I would apply for Charge Card and if approved go back in and try for the revolver you want... 1 INQ - probably pretty good chance.

Also if you are at 30-40% and can't pay it off why not open new account and BT what you have now... not sure your limits but with no inq or new accounts in over 2 years, you are probably in a pretty good place to get a few new bigger cards and get that util overall down while you work on the individual util.

+1

they usually pull EX for charge cards, Not sure if they do double pulls if you ask for a revolver after you are approved. Best backdating play would be charge card now, then revolver in january, free 8 months of backdating goodness. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 16 of 22
EandK23
Regular Contributor

I was just approved a week ago for BCE and they pulled EX. I think you'd be ok.
Message 17 of 22
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

They pulled all three when I applied for the delta amex. However I had a BK reporting on all three when I applied (I hadn't found these forums yet, didn't realize I was just wasting my inquiries Smiley Happy

Anyways, just wanted to throw it out there that AMEX could possibly pull EQ and TU- esp with questionable credit.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 18 of 22
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

95% of the time they will pull EX. I believe they have ownership in EX. They also have a significantly large historical db and they use that just as much as they use a CRA Report.

I was denied my SPG with scores of +680 and got it successfully on a complicated recon. I app'd only because I knew I had a CO deletion coming which was about 2 years old and about $500. 

I would say that you need 710+ scores at least before making a worthwhile try for the SPG. Also I was a Plat card holder, but still originally got denied. The revolver process is severely more stringent and expect a manual review in all cases that you apply for a SPG. 

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 19 of 22
hotpoint
Regular Contributor

@CreditEd wrote:

95% of the time they will pull EX. I believe they have ownership in EX. They also have a significantly large historical db and they use that just as much as they use a CRA Report.

I was denied my SPG with scores of +680 and got it successfully on a complicated recon. I app'd only because I knew I had a CO deletion coming which was about 2 years old and about $500. 

I would say that you need 710+ scores at least before making a worthwhile try for the SPG. Also I was a Plat card holder, but still originally got denied. The revolver process is severely more stringent and expect a manual review in all cases that you apply for a SPG. 

Thanks again for the insight - perhaps I should apply for the simply process since my EX is perfect . . .

HotPoint

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.