Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

Experian usually. My guess still remains that you will be instantly approved.

Message 21 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting, so I wonder why Amex did a soft inquiry to get my information from Equifax to send me out promos in late Dec 2011. I just found this out reviewing my Equifax report, by the way. Thanks for the quick response. I sure hope so!

Message 22 of 215
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting, so I wonder why Amex did a soft inquiry to get my information from Equifax to send me out promos in late Dec 2011. I just found this out reviewing my Equifax report, by the way. Thanks for the quick response. I sure hope so!

Amex pulls EX for their charge cards, but they could go with any bureau for their revolving cards. I have no idea why they differ in this way.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 23 of 215
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex pulls EX for their charge cards, but they could go with any bureau for their revolving cards. I have no idea why they differ in this way.

I don't think AMEX trusts anyone completely on revolvers on just 1 report. They want to see ALL skeletons in the closet (or at least 2 out of the 3). Probably different if your an existing cardholder.  Really no rhyme or reason with them on it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 215
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think AMEX trusts anyone completely on revolvers on just 1 report. They want to see ALL skeletons in the closet (or at least 2 out of the 3). Probably different if your an existing cardholder.  Really no rhyme or reason with them on it.

I was brand new to amex when applying for them. It was for a revolving card, and they only pulled experian. 

Message 25 of 215
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently pulled my scores and report from freescore because I was curious at where I stood. I know their scores aren't true Fico scores, but I was wondering what you guys think my odds are. I think its time to add a new card, and I want to diversify with an Amex, as well as boost my score with more revolving accts. FYI, I went onto the Amex website and did the pre-approved/pre-screened offers thing, and they have three card offers for me: Blue Sky, Delta Miles Gold, and the regular Amex Blue, but I don't want those. They have also previously sent me pre-screened offers in the mail for the Green, Gold and Zync Cards.

Income: 32K

AAoA: 3yrs 4m, but longest card open is my Visa - 4yrs 5m

3 Hard inquiries on Equifax only from 09/10

Never missed any payments, and all on time. No baddies ever.

Only have 2 credit cards. One with Macy's $0 balance and I never use it, CL of $100 and Visa with my Credit Union balance of $905, CL of $4k   My over all Utilization is about 22%. Also, I've carried a balance on my Visa for quite a while, but will be paying the current balance off in full next month. I don't intend on carrying a balance any more.

TU: 710 EX: 702 EQ: 695 - Scores according to Freescore.com

*Edit* I pulled my EQ on myFico and its 751!

To all that answer me, I appreciate your input. Thank you in advance! Smiley Happy

I'm twenty one, make a little bit more, my scredit history was twenty months when i applied. I also had a Macy's with an unknown limit and an Amazon with a $2380 limit. My utilization was either zero, or at most 5%. I also have never had any lates or anything negative. I applied and it said it needed more time to process, less than one minute later I checked the online status and approved! I had to ring them to find out the limit and was shocked that is was $10,000. They looked at Experian and it was only about 731 I think. I think your odds are pretty good since your credit history seems to be better than mine.

Message 26 of 215
Ridbidge
Valued Member

@nada9188 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was brand new to amex when applying for them. It was for a revolving card, and they only pulled experian. 

+1 same here

Amex BCP 02/12 $1200/$14700, Citi Forward 2/12 $4800/$7000, Chase Freedom 2/12 $2200/$7000, GECRB/QVC 03/11 $0/$2700, WFCB/HSN 03/11 $0/$2000, Cap 1 NHCR 04/10 $0/$1500, Cap 1/Kohls 11/10 $0/$1000, Citi Simplicity 08/11 $0/$1000, WFNNB/KingSize 11/10 $116/$900, Citi/Sunoco 04/10 $0/$800, Citi/Home Depot 10/11 $0/$1500, SunTrust Auto Loan 11/10 $39,376/$47,914 RECENTLY CLOSED: HSBC/Orchard 04/09 $0/$700, HSBC/BBRZMC 04/11 $0/$500...

**HAPPILY GOING INTO THE GARDEN NOW FOR YEARS!** EX FICO 773 02/27 Amex Pull/ TU myFICO 798 02/29 / EQ myFico 778 02/29
Message 27 of 215
INFINITI2010
Established Member

I would think you,d get approved....hands down!! Those are good scores! I,m waiting for some accts to get updated with zero balance so my scores will go up enough to apply for the AMEX Platinum. But thats after I get my house
INFINITI10
Message 28 of 215
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@nada9188 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No rhyme or reason right there Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 215
INFINITI2010
Established Member

Yeah I aplied for AMEX last fall but my scores had took a nose dive after I bought a new car. By the end of this month I should be in the 650-675 range on TU and EQ. My Experian is in the 580s. Seems my accts on EX arent reporting on a regular basis.
INFINITI10
Message 30 of 215
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.