Did you mean: 

Odds for Chase Freedom?

tag
GOldfishes
Contributor

Re: Odds for Chase Freedom?

Nice! I see you went right to the signature Smiley Happy

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 11 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 26
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I've been away for a bit: is the Chase Recon flexibility still in play regarding Freedom approvals?

If so it shouldn't be hard to talk them around given your profile if you're willing to accept a $500-$1000 limit.  That may have changed though in the last roughly six months that I really haven't been paying close attention to the forums, so I'd wait till someone else chimes in.

Given your number of inquiries though, it's not going to hurt much if at all to take another if you really want the card.  I'm a little more pro-application than most people though when you're still establishing one's entry level potential keeper cards (of which I consider a Freedom to be in that tier) and the minimum underwriting standard at least used to be roughly 640 FICO and a year on a revolving tradeline which you appear to have.

Again, someone will likely confirm or deny if that's still legitimate or if I'm making shoddy statements due to their underwriting criteria / recon policies having changed.

Edit: can't believe it took me 5 minutes to type this Smiley Sad  Getting so slow in my old age.  Congrats on the approval, ignore above Smiley Happy.

        
Message 13 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

Revelate wrote:

I've been away for a bit: is the Chase Recon flexibility still in play regarding Freedom approvals?

If so it shouldn't be hard to talk them around given your profile if you're willing to accept a $500-$1000 limit.  That may have changed though in the last roughly six months that I really haven't been paying close attention to the forums, so I'd wait till someone else chimes in.

Given your number of inquiries though, it's not going to hurt much if at all to take another if you really want the card.  I'm a little more pro-application than most people though when you're still establishing one's entry level potential keeper cards (of which I consider a Freedom to be in that tier) and the minimum underwriting standard at least used to be roughly 640 FICO and a year on a revolving tradeline which you appear to have.

Again, someone will likely confirm or deny if that's still legitimate or if I'm making shoddy statements due to their underwriting criteria / recon policies having changed.

Edit: can't believe it took me 5 minutes to type this :smileysad:  Getting so slow in my old age.  Congrats on the approval, ignore above :smileyhappy:.

Trust me it happens to me all the time...:smileylol:

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 26
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 15 of 26
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Update title to reflect the approval Smiley Happy

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 16 of 26
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Would it be stupid to possibly go for one more card now that I got approved for the Chase Freedom? I was thinking the Bank of America student card
CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 17 of 26
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I would probably wait a few months, let the Freedom report with some history and then look at another card.  If you apply for the BofA card now there is a very distinct possibility that you end up with a limit below $1k.

Message 18 of 26
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!! I figured 2-3k, but didn't wanna high ball ya!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 19 of 26
missjae
Established Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:

I GOT APPROVED FOR A 3K LIMIT!!!

THANKS GUYS!! Smiley Happy

That's a nice limit!  Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.