Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds of Approval for Chase Freedom

tag
CreditCardNovice
New Visitor

Odds of Approval for Chase Freedom

Hello Everyone,

I just started building my credit about a year ago. I only have two credits cards so far (One from Discover 800$ limit) and from Victoria Secret (450$ limit). I have no negative information on my credit report.

I recently recieved a pre-approval offer from Chase for their freedom Card. What are the odds that I might get approved?

PS. I'm still in college and living with my parents (no rent) and have a 8,000$ annual income

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Odds of Approval for Chase Freedom

@CreditCardNovice wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I just started building my credit about a year ago. I only have two credits cards so far (One from Discover 800$ limit) and from Victoria Secret (450$ limit). I have no negative information on my credit report.

I recently recieved a pre-approval offer from Chase for their freedom Card. What are the odds that I might get approved?

PS. I'm still in college and living with my parents (no rent) and have a 8,000$ annual income

Welcome to the forum

How long have you had each card?

How many INQ's in the last year?

Any other TL's SL, car etc etc?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
CreditCardNovice
New Visitor

I had the discover since September 2012 and got the VS in February 2013. I have a total of 5 inquiries on my report for the last year

I have no other loans/ mortgage/ credit card to my name.

Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@CreditCardNovice wrote:

I had the discover since September 2012 and got the VS in February 2013. I have a total of 5 inquiries on my report for the last year

As far as Chase they like to see a year of CC history so you look good there.

However your current income may get you a low limit 

Question with 5 INQ's this year and only 1 TL what were the others for and I'm just assuming they ended in denial but I could be wrong? 

Please elaborate

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 7
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCardNovice wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Your chances are pretty good since you're in the same situation as me. I had 1 yr of credit history, 10k annual income, full-time student, 6 inquires, and no baddies when I got my approved for 2k credit limit. Also, I never got a pre-approval letter from chase or any other companies.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 5 of 7
vygotsky
Contributor

@CreditCardNovice wrote:

I have had my Discover for 6 months ($500) with no other TLs "loans/ mortgage/ credit card" and no baddies on my CR and got approved for Freedom recently after reciving the preapproval letter so your chances are VERY good during this holiday season.

FICO 733 (Discover)
Message 6 of 7
hot4u
Established Contributor

Odds are Good.

If you get a message they need time I would call Recon.

Chase is Awesome with Recon - Have the attitiude you want to start  History with them. A low limit is better than a waisted HP.

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.