Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds of Getting Amex Green Card

tag
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Re: Odds of Getting Amex Green Card

I would think with Amex, as long as your willing to pay that annual fee, they would give you a NPSL, but cap it at like $1000.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 11 of 16
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, its fine for equifax and transunion, but for some reason experian mess it up. Also, I hated when I have to call the credit bureau because those people arent so nice.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 12 of 16
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Finally, after waiting 5 business days, they approved me. I'm officially a member of the Amex family. Wasn't expecting much since I'm only 19 and I only have 9-10 months of credit history. The funny thing is I applied for chase freedom, BoA Cash Back student, and Capital one journey in October and got denied for all of them. However, since Dec and Jan came around I decided to try again. I applied for citi forward, Discover it, cap1 journey, and Amex green. Got approved for all of them, then I find out about the errors on my experian report when amex pull it, so I correct it right away. Actually, cap1 pull EX the first time, which is probably why they denied me. The second time they pull transunion, like citi, and discover, which got approved. The first report Amex pull was EX, and the letter I got shows that my fico was 658, but after correcting my report. Its now a 717 on creditsesame, so Idk. One thing I'm sure is from now on I'm pulling my report at least twice a year to verified my info and I suggest everyone who just started building credit to do so, at least for the first few years. Make sure everything is correct like name, SS, and DOB.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Message 13 of 16
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Congrats, but know the score from Credit Sesame is a FAKO score, and not a real FICO score.

Your real score could be much higher, or even perhaps lower.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 14 of 16
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I do know its a Fako score, do you know a good place to get fico score cheap or even free?

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Message 15 of 16
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@CredittotheMax wrote:

Yes, I do know its a Fako score, do you know a good place to get fico score cheap or even free?

Yeah, get a Walmart card and they will give you your score every month!  Not your report, but just your score and some indicators about it.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.