cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Of these four premium credit cards listed which two would you choose?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Of these four premium credit cards listed which two would you choose?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have the Ritz-Carlton for the first $75K of my spend (for Platinum qualification), and then pair the AXP Platinum (Schwab) with the AMEX Everyday Preferred for all else.

I'm doing the same with RC, dining and certain travel spending on CSR, and flights, some hotels, and big purchases on AMEX Platinum. The only change is that I know I'll hit 75k even if I strip certain category spending out, so I make sure to reasonably maximize rewards through the year. We're discussing dropping the CSR (we spend a lot with AMEX instead) in favor of the Citi Prestige and USB Altitude Reserve, but the effective annual fees are low enough to consider keeping all of these cards.

The Prestige is interesting since it would pay for itself at least 4x in an average year for us with the 4th night benefit. We'd likely spend the same amount on hotels, but would just pick up a suite on longer stays. USB AR is interesting since I primarily use Apple Pay and the mobile wallet rewards are compelling. The effective AF is dirty cheap, so I wouldn't have to worry that I'm not putting enough spend on the card to justify it.

Message 31 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Of these four premium credit cards listed which two would you choose?

I have Platinum because I travel a lot. About 10+ vacations a year, so the lounge access and other travel perks come in handy. The 5x on airfare is just an added bonus (as I didn't "use" the card prior to the 5x being added).

I don't have the CSR because I'm like 439583045839 / 24 so I have a few years before I probably get anything chase related (though I did get the IHG card last week).

I will get the Citi Prestige when I know that I have a 4-night stay planned that I haven't paid for already (which will probably be next year).

Ritz-Carlton... maybe once Marriott and SPG actually combine or when stays at once starts counting for the other. It's hard enough for me to get SPG Platinum as much I want to stay at Marriott hotels. I'll stick with the St. Regis if I have to do luxury hotels (and even I have only stayed there once). 

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.