Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer for Citi Diamond Preferred-no rewards

tag
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Offer for Citi Diamond Preferred-no rewards

Well, the only reward I can see is the 18 months 0 interest on purchases, but I like cash back cards. I don't carry balances. Im also trying to stay in the garden until December. I have until Oct 15th to respond. Is this card worth it even if simply for more available credit?

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Offer for Citi Diamond Preferred-no rewards

@Steelersboy wrote:

Well, the only reward I can see is the 18 months 0 interest on purchases, but I like cash back cards. I don't carry balances. Im also trying to stay in the garden until December. I have until Oct 15th to respond. Is this card worth it even if simply for more available credit?

Only you can answer if the card is worth it to you. For me, it was worth it because you never know when you may need or want to float a balance, and 18 mos at 0% for purchases is good if you are planning a purchase and need to pay it off over time.

The general rule for credit is don't apply for credit you don't need....but we know some of us on My Fico don't heed that advice, lol.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 2 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Not worth it. If your scores are correct, then you are borderline for some prime cards. Why waste inquiry that may take you below threshold for a card that doesn't match your needs at all? Preapprovals don't really mean that much aside from your general FICO score qualifying you for that card. Doesnt mean better limits or guanteed approval.Guess what? I just preapproved you for most cards if your FICO is correct. If you want to come out of garden, then do so for card you want or bonus you want. A 0% bt sounds useless for you and is a dime a dozen
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 5
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

@Steelersboy wrote:

Only you can answer if the card is worth it to you. For me, it was worth it because you never know when you may need or want to float a balance, and 18 mos at 0% for purchases is good if you are planning a purchase and need to pay it off over time.

The general rule for credit is don't apply for credit you don't need....but we know some of us on My Fico don't heed that advice, lol.

lol very true, but yea, that 18 mon is very appealing

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 4 of 5
jboy1972
New Contributor

FWIW my DW has this card. In addition to the 18 months 0 interest, they do offer some sort of reward point structure. It's called Citi Easy Deals. They even start you off with 1000 points. It gives you discounts on food,dining and even travel. I don't know if they offer this exclusively or as part of a mass marketing. DW likes it so I don't know if that helps.
NFCU Flag Visa Sig $11k *| AMEX BCE $20k*| Discover It $8k*| Citi TY Preferred $5k *| Chase Freedom Visa $2k *|
| Lowe's $10k *| Bank of Hawaii Rewards Platinum Visa $7.8k *| Hawaii USA FCU Platinum Visa 3k *| Firestone 2.2k *|

FICO EQ- 747 (7/07/13) FICO EX -752 (8/07/13) FICO TU -751 (8/07/13)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.