Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer to upgrade Amex BCE >>>BCP w/SUB

tag
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Offer to upgrade Amex BCE >>>BCP w/SUB

I received an upgrade notice when I logged into my Amex BCE account that I could upgrade to BCP, $95 AF waived for the first year and $150 statement credit for spending $1k in the first 3 months 🎉🙃

Never had an upgrade offer tied in with an SUB....not sure I'll hit the SUB but the waived AF for year 1 makes this an easy 'yes'😊💸💳

FYI, not sure of the correlation but about a month ago Amex sent me a survey about my preferred credits and usage. Every since I've been receiving some stellar offers on all three of my Amex cards😁

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Offer to upgrade Amex BCE >>>BCP w/SUB

The BCP has a great rewards structure if it aligns to your spending. 
They were also offering 0% for 12 months on a new card. Not sure if that still exists but perhaps check your offers before proceeding here as the waived fee, Sub and zero interest is pretty good if you get a new card without upgrading the BCE

Message 2 of 14
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

They were also offering 0% for 12 months on a new card. Not sure if that still exists but perhaps check your offers before proceeding here as the waived fee, Sub and zero interest is pretty good if you get a new card without upgrading the BCE

Wow didn't look for the 0% interest offer.  I'll have to see when they send my new card since I accepted the offer I can't get back what the original offer has🙂

Message 3 of 14
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@MySunrise271 I also thought it was a good offer, I look at the 150 bonus as a cover for the annual fees on the 2nd & 3rd year, while having the benefit of getting 6% on groceries until then.

I don't think Amex would care if I downgrade back to the BCE in 3yrs.

Message 4 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@MySunrise271 wrote:

@cashorcharge wrote:

Wow didn't look for the 0% interest offer.  I'll have to see when they send my new card since I accepted the offer I can't get back what the original offer has🙂

The 0% was an offer on new applications but if offered to you, would be eligible. Not sure you can hold 2 BCP's so that ship may have sailed but congrats on the PC

Message 5 of 14
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@MySunrise271 wrote:

I received an upgrade notice when I logged into my Amex BCE account that I could upgrade to BCP, $95 AF waived for the first year and $150 statement credit for spending $1k in the first 3 months 🎉🙃

Never had an upgrade offer tied in with an SUB....not sure I'll hit the SUB but the waived AF for year 1 makes this an easy 'yes'😊💸💳

FYI, not sure of the correlation but about a month ago Amex sent me a survey about my preferred credits and usage. Every since I've been receiving some stellar offers on all three of my Amex cards😁

I see upthread you did pull the trigger. Yay! The BCP is an excellent choice. I had the exact same offer you did and took it a few months ago. I'm so glad I did. Watching my grocery spending go from 3% cash back to 6% makes me so happy! Smiley Very Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 6 of 14
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

AMEX offers these pretty regularly if you log in to your account, then go to check for prequalified offers.  Right now I have upgrade offers with subs for a BCE-BCP, Delta Blue-Delta Plat and Gold-Plat.  None of them are worthwhile to me, although the Plat has an offer of 10x on gas and groceries for 6 months in addition to the MR SUB that has me considering it.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 7 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Yasselife wrote:

@MySunrise271 I also thought it was a good offer, I look at the 150 bonus as a cover for the annual fees on the 2nd & 3rd year, while having the benefit of getting 6% on groceries until then.

I don't think Amex would care if I downgrade back to the BCE in 3yrs.

Some of us downgrade back after one year, and repeat the cycle when offered again.   I can do better with my existing cards than 6% with an AF, but in these periods I get the 6% for free with an additional $150, so not hard to accept!

Message 8 of 14
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Yes, so I see an offer to apply for the BBP...cool but will pass🙂

@EAJuggalo wrote:

AMEX offers these pretty regularly if you log in to your account, then go to check for prequalified offers.  Right now I have upgrade offers with subs for a BCE-BCP, Delta Blue-Delta Plat and Gold-Plat.  None of them are worthwhile to me, although the Plat has an offer of 10x on gas and groceries for 6 months in addition to the MR SUB that has me considering it.

Message 9 of 14
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade! 🎉

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.