Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offered $100 to Avoid Escalation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Offered $100 to Avoid Escalation

I was recently approved for a card (not sure if I should say the company) and was told I would receive it in 7-10 business days. It took much longer than that so I called the company to complain. Most of the reps said there was nothing they could do but wait. I got pretty high up in terms of management, and eventually they offered me a $100 credit for the inconvenience. I accepted it, but I was wondering if this will have any negative affect towards my account? Surely they will make a note of this interaction. Could it be used later to prevent CLIs or anything?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Offered $100 to Avoid Escalation

I'm sure it could be a factor, as the issuer is under no obligation to give you a CLI, but how much weight it is given is anyone's guess. I'd just be a little more careful to avoid my account being shut down - especially if you start accumulating points/cashback before redeeming them.

Message 2 of 9
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

They goofed up, then they gave you something to compensate somewhat for your inconvenience. I don't see any reason to worry.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enjoy the C note and worry not.  Wish companies would throw something like that to me when I complain.  Good job.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reassurance

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks lol it was definitely a struggle. I talked to 4 different "managers" for a total of 45 minutes. 

Message 6 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was recently approved for a card (not sure if I should say the company) and was told I would receive it in 7-10 business days. It took much longer than that so I called the company to complain. Most of the reps said there was nothing they could do but wait. I got pretty high up in terms of management, and eventually they offered me a $100 credit for the inconvenience. I accepted it, but I was wondering if this will have any negative affect towards my account? Surely they will make a note of this interaction. Could it be used later to prevent CLIs or anything?

When I didn't get my BOA card in the timeframe they said, BOA offered to ship the card overnight, no cost to me. It's too bad you had to pull out people teeth in order to get it amicably resolved. 

Yep, they made a giant red note in your file. TROUBLEMAKER!! I'm just joking. I had to do it. I think you don't have anything to worry about--well unless you really made a ruckus. 🤣😂😆 You didn't, did you?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I don't hold them to the 7-10 day that strictly, I've often had a card arrive much later as well as sooner. Those are the pitfalls of relying on physical mail especially in an unprecedented time as we do now. I've never called to complain about such an issue thugh, only to report that my card never arrived thus resulting in getting new one sent out. Unless we're talking about a 30 day inconvenience that cuts into meeting a SUB I'm not sure it warrants a $100 credit, then again I've never been one of those who needed my new card ASAP. I'm old school where it took 30 days (or more) for you card to arrive after mailing in you application. 

That said you haev to do what you feel is rigth for you, and if it nets you a $100 way to go! Will it put you on their radar? I guwss only time, card usage and any other complaints in the future will tell.

Message 8 of 9
icejam

Now I'm curious which company this was...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.