Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Offers

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Don't take it personally.  I get subprime offers all the time.  We're just somehow on their marketing lists.  I don't really think there's a live person thinking, "Hmm, you know K-in-Boston is paying $550 a year in annual fees on that Platinum card from American Express.  I bet he'd like to replace it with our card since it only has a $99 annual and $8 monthly fee.  And with this offer, he'd have four hundred and ONE thousand dollars in revolving credit lines."

All of a sudden I felt really jealous. I had to throw my Centurion card away and app the First Premier to join your ranks. All the cool kids are doin it! Smiley Tongue

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 11 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

david244us, out of curiosity do you have Vantage scores significantly lower than your FICO scores?  I'm starting to think that's where my offers are coming from since my Vantage scores are often a full 100 points lower.

Message 12 of 13
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I got an offer in the mail today for First Premier and I decided to join the cool kids club and applied.

I was denied for the following reasons:

Your credit report shows you have the following accounts with the following banks: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express: Chase, Amex, BofA, Citi, Discover, FNBO, PenFed, Ally, 5th/3rd, CapOne, USAA, US Bank, Sychrony, Comenity, TD Bank, Huntington, DNSB, Wells Fargo, Barclay, and PNC.  Due to the banking relationships that you currently have we are forced to deny you credit as we know with all these lesser institutions that you are not a suitable high level client for us to consider extending credit too.  We welcome you to apply again in the future when you are no longer associate with these less than honorable institutions.  We hope one day you will rise up above your current situation and join us at the top of the banking industry.  Until then please consider ridding yourself of these banks as they are destructive to your credit portfolio.

Oh well, there is always next year.....

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.