Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Amex... You cease to amaze me!

tag
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Oh Amex... You cease to amaze me!

I know a lot of people have talked about how Amex is always a month behind in updating our information to the CRA... but for the last 2 months, I have noticed that 2 days after my statement has cut, my updated balance is reflecting on Experian!  Equifax and Transunion follow suit about 2-3 days later.  Has this been everyone else's experience as well?!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Oh Amex... You cease to amaze me!

Your experience has been the same as mine.

Message 2 of 9
Amnesia87
Contributor

My first statement on my new Gold Preferred posted on the 14th... It appeared on my EX report today.

Will see in a few days what happens with my Blue Cash Preferred.

Starting Score: EX FICO: Unknown EQ FICO: 717 TU (CreditKarma): 713
Current Score: EX FICO: 737 EQ FICO: 752 TU (CreditKarma): 717
Goal Score: EX FICO: 760 EQ FICO: 760 TU (CreditKarma): 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does it say/show?

Specifically for charge accounts (vs credit accounts)

My first statement closed two weeks ago
Message 4 of 9
brian2220
Regular Contributor

my statement just posted on the 14 and i just pulled my report for month today and its already updated with the balance date

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 5 of 9
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

My Blue Cash Everyday card closed the first statement on the 10th and it still hasn't reported.

Message 6 of 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

OK, just to clarify here...

Charge cards now report when?

Revolvers now report when?

I am admittedly AMEX-curious here.  Sorry, Mom!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

My Blue Cash Everyday card closed the first statement on the 10th and it still hasn't reported.

I think there is a difference between the delay involved for the card to show up on your report in the first instance, and the delay between your subsequent statements and your reports updating to reflect the new balance.  I am not sure because I don't pull reports often enough to verify, but I think people may be talking past each other a little bit. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

OK, just to clarify here...

Charge cards now report when?

Revolvers now report when?

I am admittedly AMEX-curious here.  Sorry, Mom!  Smiley Happy

My revolver is showing up on my EX 2 days after statement cut.  EQ and TU updating about 2-3 days afterwards.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.