Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh I'm so Embarrassed!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oh I'm so Embarrassed!

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks. I've got a nephew who is a Naval officer. I'll ask my brother about that possibility.

Nephew sponsors brother, brother sponsors you, should take a few weeks at the most. 

Jackpot.

By the same token, in my personal experience anyone who has not taken a good hard look at their shopping, their incoming and outgoing money is probably frittering away hundreds (and I do not mean just one or two) a month.

For example: not shopping for groceries at different venues and simply one stop shopping probably has you spending twice as much as you need to a week. Taking a lunch and your own bottled beverages to work can save you a hundred a month right there.

Recovering that "lost" income could easily help you get ahead.

Oh and the allowance? I would consider making it merit/chores based.

Message Edited by usmc58555 on 07-02-2009 07:56 PM
Message 91 of 96
marty56
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just out of curosity, what does AA mean?   "seen AA across the board on all of their CC "

AA = Adverse action.  Lowering og credit limits, rasiing of interest rates or even closing the card.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 92 of 96
marty56
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

By the same token, in my personal experience anyone who has not taken a good hard look at their shopping, their incoming and outgoing money is probably frittering away hundreds (and I do not mean just one or two) a month.

For example: not shopping for groceries at different venues and simply one stop shopping probably has you spending twice as much as you need to a week. Taking a lunch and your own bottled

Yes a written budget and purchase plaining is the key to getting and staying out of debt.  I bring my own lunch to work most of the time.  Those 5 dollar lunches really start to add up and add inches to the waistline.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 93 of 96
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For example: not shopping for groceries at different venues and simply one stop shopping probably has you spending twice as much as you need to a week. Taking a lunch and your own bottled

Yes a written budget and purchase plaining is the key to getting and staying out of debt.  I bring my own lunch to work most of the time.  Those 5 dollar lunches really start to add up and add inches to the waistline.

I yearn for the days of the $5 lunch!

Message 94 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please! Do not be embarrased.  it happens to the best of us.  Patience is the virture when it comes to credit Repair.  STOP USING THE CARD TRIGHT AWAY.   try selling items on Craig's list and give all proceeds to the high intrest card.  also try a 0%  balance transfer fo now

Message 95 of 96
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

@Trishco wrote:

Oh oh oh....one more thing, that has saved me probably a lot of $$ as well as time is crockpot and freezer meals! 

When ground beef goes on sale, I'll cook up 10-20 lbs at a time and freeze it in portions.  Super fast and easy to throw together some sloppy joes, or soft tacos etc!!   If age appropriate, get the kids in on it!

It will be tough, but you have to make your "will" tougher!!   Smiley Wink

@Trishco wrote:

Oh oh oh....one more thing, that has saved me probably a lot of $$ as well as time is crockpot and freezer meals! 

When ground beef goes on sale, I'll cook up 10-20 lbs at a time and freeze it in portions.  Super fast and easy to throw together some sloppy joes, or soft tacos etc!!   If age appropriate, get the kids in on it!

It will be tough, but you have to make your "will" tougher!!   Smiley Wink

+1

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 96 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.